Firmware 4.2.x is out as snapshot firmware

I think I figured the 2.4gHz I caught a neighborhood kid playing with a FlipperZer0 and WiFi devboard out front :joy:

FYI WPA2 is susceptible to the marauder attacks WPA2/WPA3 is not along with WPA3

1 Like

rather a feature request:
When clicking on VPN in the left menu open the VPN-submenu (like you do today) and display the dashboard, please. It’s a totally unnecessary extra click to have to click on Dashboard in that situation.

edit:
my next post leads me to another feature request:
In case it’s not already allowed (which was the character to use?) please allow comments in the IP-/Domain list. Especially when using IPs it makes the list way easier to read/edit.

previous post deleted, ‘updated’ issue (same place) after FW update to openwrt-mt1300-4.2.0-0122-1674344493.bin (“don’t keep settings”).

Issue:

• “$$$$” instead of e.g. “Killswitch”
  • error message even with empty list (not shown in pic)
  • error message despite IP is resolvable

Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere, the thread is quite long.
It seems there is no support for edge node in Tailscale (at least in GUI). Is this going to be added?

P.S. Is there any Wireguard obfuscation mechanism in the roadmap?

Thanks

Do you mean exit node? I know that almost all Beta users using Tailscale are asking for this.
The exit node will be added in Beta3 and users will be able to select an exit node to forward all traffic.

3 Likes

Yes , exit node:) Thanks for prompt response.
Another thing, I have asked this in another thread, but no feedback. DNS doesnt work via WG when pointed to thr inside WG server IP (default 10.0.0.1) This works in 3.x software and it is important for some content providers as they use dns to choose where to serve the content from. Even when I enable rewrite DNS for all clients, this doesnt apply to WG clients and it doesnt work. Am i missing some piece of config or is it a software issue?

The log shows that the vpn disconnetc from 09:04:28 to 09:04:35, only last for serval seconds.
So does VPN icon appear yellow forever?

1 Like

Disregard, I needed to enable Allow remote access LAN on the server side. It works fine now.

yeh sick of waiting now, firmware is pants getting kicked off all internet connectivity multiple tines a day on this router now its unusable

1 Like

:laughing:
Sorry What?
If you are using a translating app it really butchered that one.

1 Like

Could you explain your setup in more detail, pls?
It rather sounds like a bug to me if I have to allow access to my LAN to be able to access a DNS in my VPN providers network.

every hour i have to reset the router for the last two firmwares, no updates pushed for a month, sick of messing about with beta hardware,

5g wifi broken only 300 mbps

3.xxx firmware kicks you off the wifi every hour

or 4xxxx internet stops working in any capacity exept for connecting to the router and thats LAN,
I spend more time on here and messing with firmware than using my internet its a joke,

I give it a week and ill be selling this router and going with another brand

it just not acceptable if im honest, over a month and the 5g wifi is still 2009 speeds

Ive been patient, its just time to move on shortly I think.

good product, poor software implementation

I have a day off work tomorrow ill have a look at setting firmware back to 3xxx but it will kick me off again and thats where ill be leaving it.

I will try stable tomorrow and hopefuly i can report positive outcomes

Is it specific machines that disconnect? I have posted before that Intel has advance settings that might need to be changed. Also if you notice that SSID starts getting assigned a number at the end this combined with the above issue causes the wifi card to search for a more suitable access point. Try cleaning out the old wifi networks and see if that changes anything

The setup was when using the device as a WG server. It was my oversight, but the gui seems to be more complicated now (ie introduced VPN dashboard with client and server configuration in the same page).

1 Like

Same with SYSTEM menu, please open the Dashboard when clicking SYSTEM
(and, for consistency, name the Dashbord “Dashboard”, not “Overview”*)

* same in German, name VPN dashboard and system dashboard the same

Yes. It remains yellow, until I restart the VPN manually.

1 Like

Please keep langage in scripts in English so ordinary people can read/understand them too. It’s really time consuming (and breaking the flow) to have to translate.
Example: /usr/bin/route_policy

Worse: The vi of your ROM apparently doesn’t support UTF-8 (:set encoding = utf-8 → “bad option: utf-8”, same for utf8) so all one sees in a terminal is

(yes, PuTTY is set to UTF-8 as well)

edit:
translated (mostly Deepl) route_policy attached.
route_policy.zip (3.3 KB)

1 Like

Comments in vpn polices should already been supported.

I face the same issue, what device and version are you using ?

I specified wg client DNS to the router ip 192.168.x.x and it’s not resolving unless I enable ‘allow remote LAN access’