Firmware 4.2.x is out as snapshot firmware

here since 2015? That explains a lot, including your frustration? Gl-net is obviously not your main router,… IEEE? What are you doing in this thread your highness?

You’re mistaken or have no idea to why I bought Ax1800 and you’re connecting my feature request, future update to my past decision of purchase? That’s hilarious :sweat_smile:

Oh I complain here a lot, but I don’t actually expect things to change, and I find ways to make the hardware work for my needs in spite of the bugs (mostly by going to stock OpenWrt, which you obviously don’t want to do).

At the same time, I don’t have a lot of patience for people who continually complain as though they are personally aggrieved because they bought a product and it doesn’t work for them. If it’s a big enough deal for you to log on and express your disgust, just buy the product that meets your needs.

1 Like

You being an IEEE voting guy seem to have lots of time reading complains :sweat_smile: Do you actually think your prolonged suggestions will make me buy something else? Or make me (or anyone else) stop typing? Or complaining?

I’m an end-user, not as big as you “your impatient highness” and I’m here because these Gl-net people have been nice enough to implement many features that I’ve requested (Along with others). You may not like it but that’s your problem :sweat_smile:

Ad hominem arguments are the best arguments, aren’t they?

Hope you have a nice evening.

1 Like

The configuration file vpnpolicy is okay.
How do you confirm “the traffic to these domains stops going through the VPN”? Do you use guest wifi and VPN cascading?

Please use SCP protocol for file transfer.

FYI, thanks for helping debug.

3 Likes

Has it been resolved in 4.2.0beta1 publishing today?

Hmm I just went from flint 4.1 pre release 6 to 4.2.0 without reseting configuration but my vpn broke which was mullvad vpn, it still says connected but when I checked my device it was not using the vpn.

So I made a backup, and then reset it and manually added for each the config from the backup and I pressed update servers for the vpn client that gave me different mullvad names so it might be this, or something broke in the vpn policies thats the only config I did not migrate manually from the backup.

Now it works fine, all configs I put back:
Network, firewall, dhcp, stubby, wireguard

Not sure if something iptables/nfttables changed between versions?

Only other bug ive been noting but its hard to verify:

Sometimes I notice a slow down with loading sites but this can also be because internet is chaotic around Christmas holidays it seem to happen when I have my mullvad vpn active.

updated axt1800 to 4.2 beta1, is this parental control, zero tier and tailscale going to be in the glinet app ?

yes fixed. hahahahahahaha.

1 Like

flint and slate ax is still using iptables.

What improvements does version 4.2.X bring?

3 Likes

On mt2500 vpn Dashboard crash when multiple group and wireguard profiles are configured.
Revert to 4.1.1

Thanks

1 Like

Parental controls have been added to version 2.0 of the app. However, there are no plans for ZeroTier and Tailscale at the moment, as they cannot be enabled by users on the app. The ZeroTier and Tailscale consoles do not work very well on mobile.

Please use the following link to download the 2.0 version
App Store Testflight:Join the glinet beta - TestFlight - Apple
Google Play Beta:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/xyz.goodcloud.glinet

1 Like

4.2 beta2 on ax1800: can no longer run adguard with a 200-300k hostlist stablely (still OK on 4.1) probably due to new software features

4.2 beta2 on axt1800: still OK with adguard despite same specs as ax1800, but feels running warmer

Edit: 4.2 beta2 Flint becomes unstable and crash/boot constantly after I configure sqm settings in luci, going back to 4.1 …

Edit 2 : same , enabling sqm QoS crashes axt1800 too

suggest to add parental control (on/off) to the toggle button

Something doesn’t sound right about … parental control being designed to allow separate control of different profiles, each containing different devices, rather than having to go and constantly toggle whether the feature is enabled or not.
Can you describe how you use it?

1 Like

I was just using very simple settings

put some core devices into a managed group, and ‘unmanaged devices’ (my kids devices) will be blocked from WAN

so I just need to enable/disable parental control to block/unblock those ‘unmanaged’ devices

but you are right i should have given it more thought

parental control only available in the app when you have local router connection
do you plan make this available via goodcloud ?