Firmware 4.2.x is out as snapshot firmware

updated axt1800 to 4.2 beta1, is this parental control, zero tier and tailscale going to be in the glinet app ?

yes fixed. hahahahahahaha.

1 Like

flint and slate ax is still using iptables.

What improvements does version 4.2.X bring?

3 Likes

On mt2500 vpn Dashboard crash when multiple group and wireguard profiles are configured.
Revert to 4.1.1

Thanks

1 Like

Parental controls have been added to version 2.0 of the app. However, there are no plans for ZeroTier and Tailscale at the moment, as they cannot be enabled by users on the app. The ZeroTier and Tailscale consoles do not work very well on mobile.

Please use the following link to download the 2.0 version
App Store Testflight:Join the glinet beta - TestFlight - Apple
Google Play Beta:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/xyz.goodcloud.glinet

1 Like

4.2 beta2 on ax1800: can no longer run adguard with a 200-300k hostlist stablely (still OK on 4.1) probably due to new software features

4.2 beta2 on axt1800: still OK with adguard despite same specs as ax1800, but feels running warmer

Edit: 4.2 beta2 Flint becomes unstable and crash/boot constantly after I configure sqm settings in luci, going back to 4.1 …

Edit 2 : same , enabling sqm QoS crashes axt1800 too

suggest to add parental control (on/off) to the toggle button

Something doesn’t sound right about … parental control being designed to allow separate control of different profiles, each containing different devices, rather than having to go and constantly toggle whether the feature is enabled or not.
Can you describe how you use it?

1 Like

I was just using very simple settings

put some core devices into a managed group, and ‘unmanaged devices’ (my kids devices) will be blocked from WAN

so I just need to enable/disable parental control to block/unblock those ‘unmanaged’ devices

but you are right i should have given it more thought

parental control only available in the app when you have local router connection
do you plan make this available via goodcloud ?

The official release will support access from goodcloud.

1 Like

just want to fyi to whoever using parental controls

“Block WAN for Unmanaged Devices” affects router’s wireguard server - blocks connection

@yuxin.zou can you check if this is a bug.

slow wifi 5g speed fixed?

First of all, thank you for making such awesome products!!! Currently I am using the Brume 2.

Please advise if the official release will include OpenWrt version 22.03?
I just installed Firmware 4.2 Beta 2, which is working well, but unfortunately after the upgrade I see the same old OpenWrt build (21.02-SNAPSHOT r15812+872-46b6ee7ffc)

1 Like

Depends on the model. The AR750S is on 22.03, for example.

Ah I see, good point… The model I am using is the GL-MT2500, which might be a bit too new to have an updated OpenWRT build…

@alzhao
As I can see in OpenWRT Firewall section, a port-foward of 3053 to 53 is created automatically. But in OpenWRT DHCP / DNS settings, DNS is still pointing to 127.0.0.1:3053. I think it should be 127.0.0.1 ?

And I think there should be a ::1 if IPv6 is enabled?

1 Like