Firmware 4.3.6 removes features!

@yuxin.zou Totally agree that your are not responsible for maintaining LuCI, BUT you do control your firmware and could add this much requested feature into the GL iNet router GUI :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s already in the plans.

Firmware 4.3.6 not found on the Firmware page. Although its nice that we finally have a new update, 3.2.1.6 is still more stable. For instance:

4.3.6: My custom LuCI LED Config always reset to default, when my hotspot from phone is down (when I get calls on my phone, my 4G data will be cut off, thia is not VoLTE phone), no auto reconnect

3.2.1.6: Immediately connect to my phone when data is detected. LED Config never changes.

4.3.6 feels kinda slow, maybe GL iNet team can somehow optimize 4.3.6 for Slate? Even Reset All has been done, it still feels slow, and this hotspot problem too, makes me always had to manually reconnect my phone (No, I have not installed those 3 stuffs that I need and it still has that reconnection and LED Lights problem).

For now, maybe 3.2.1.6 is the better choice. Just set it up once, including NAS and AdGuard settings, then just leave it alone, just let it auto connect to my phone like usual.

1 Like

After installing stable 4.3.6 on E-750 Mudi I used the instructions above to install file share but ended up with the following error:

command “for nas” failed with the returning code 255 and the following message

Collected errors:

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gl-sdk4-webdav.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gl-sdk4-nas-exfat.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gl-sdk4-nas-utils.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gl-sdk4-nas-web.
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package gl-sdk4-ui-nasview.
  • pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.176-1-5c9be91b90bda5403fe3a7c4e8ddb26f) for kmod-input-core
  • pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-input-core found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
  • pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.176-1-5c9be91b90bda5403fe3a7c4e8ddb26f) for kmod-sound-core
  • pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-sound-core found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
  • pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.176-1-5c9be91b90bda5403fe3a7c4e8ddb26f) for kmod-usb-storage-uas
  • pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-usb-storage-uas found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-storage-uas.
  • opkg_conf_deinit: Couldn’t unlink /var/lock/opkg.lock: No such file or directory.

sorry this was a mistake do you know how to use ssh,The command is as follows

vi /etc/opkg/distfeeds.conf

Modify the content inside as follows:
src/gz glinet_core https://fw.gl-inet.com/releases/v22.03.4/kmod-4.3.2/e750
src/gz glinet_gli_pub https://fw.gl-inet.com/releases/v22.03.4/packages-4.2/ath79/glinet
src/gz glinet_gli_packages https://fw.gl-inet.com/releases/v22.03.4/packages-4.2/ath79/packages

Thanks for the update, it worked after the modifying the content