Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

This one:

It’s a USB 3.2 backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and 2.0 according to Sandisk advertisement.

1 Like

In my experience, every Sandisk usb 3 stick I’ve tried gives me interference with your routers. With Kingston, I never had a problem. Anyway, it’s pretty easy to to measure the amount of the interference just observing Signal/noise values for 2.4Ghz on LUCI>Wireless.
As soon as I connect a Sandisk stick for example, noise goes from 95dBm to 80dBm.

Ah yeah, a Sandisk device, no surprise They are really poorly shielded in my experience.

A beta version will soon be released for everyone to test :smiley:

Agree 4.5.5 sucks. The WIFI performance on the new drivers is not good. Much lag on wireless connections. 4.5.4 wireless performance is better.

2 Likes

Incorrect answer…
The USB Port is not well shielded.
Another user found the same problem and fix it adding a copper foil around the USB Port on Beryl AX:

1 Like

I tested a Sandisk stick like yours on Flint 2 and the problem is the stick, not the router.
I tried to completely cover the stick with a thin aluminum foil and I connected it to the router and guess what? No interference.
The same Sandisk stick is giving me problems in my PC as well with a Wifi dongle if I connect to 2.4Ghz…

yes the 2.4ghz problem is annoying, and look to your latency on upload, is huge!! At leat your latency on download is better than mine

but it is covered, it is sealed like in the photo I posted, it is not that changer that the user made with copper tapes…
Seriously, did you compare that user service with the seal in the photo?

Shielding something doesn’t mean you need a physical cover all around it.
A shield with some gaps or small holes can still works as a shield.

Please, refer to the Faraday cage… It’s a similar aproach.

A whole cover all around the device can make the things even worst than a proper shielding.

Please refer to the Intel’s White Paper, page 14, from 2012 called “USB 3.0 Radio Frequency Interference Impact on 2.4 GHz Wireless Devices

1 Like

Have you try extend cable USB? Could be small solution?
I have my usb cable to 4g dongle. But I don’t know how to check that 2.4ghz does effect or not?

usb3 interference on 2.4ghz is a known issue:

on my PC whenever I use a Sandisk usb 3.0 flash drive, my wireless mouse gets erratic and can barely move it.

The 3.0 + 2.4ghz interference is a known issue in the tech world, they can shield the port and you can still get interference.

(Wireless Witch: The Truth About USB 3.0 and Wi-Fi Interference | PCMag)

1 Like

Not really…

I just arrived at home and I did a test:

1. I connected the same SanDisk USB Flash Drive to GL-MT2500A and I placed it at exactly same place of my Flint2.
    Same distance and the same angle/axis.

There is no interference to my ISP Modem/Router 2.4GHz network

1. Tried different angles and also placed the GL-MT2500A in physical contact to my ISP Modem/Router.

There is no interference.

The interference is only present when I connect the USB Flash Drive to Flint2.

Yeah, this can happen. Different devices, different structures, different hardware designs.
So, in the end, the problem will not get fixed, I guess. This may simply be a problem resulting from the interaction of various components.

1 Like

Wrong.
This NEVER should happen.

Intel’s white paper about this issue is dated from 2012.

A lot of things was done since then on the desgin to avoid this problem and this why I NEVER noticed this problem before in my life (and I’m older than 40)

Even the well known FritzBoxes in Germany are affected

2 Likes

What exactly do you expect to happen now?

I’m telling you that USB 3.0 and Wi-Fi are a bad combination overall. Especially with poorly shielded cables, devices and sockets. I don’t want to absolve Gl-Inet of blame here, surely some other hardware design could have solved the problem - but that’s the way it is.

If this is insufficient for you at this point, you will have to return the device and choose another one. Or say goodbye to the use of USB 3.0 or find a solution for yourself. (e.g. another cable, a hub, etc. pp.)

3 Likes

I wish you’d post in a different thread… and leave this thread for real Flint 2 bugs.

Just return the device… and pls stop wasting our time.

Some help here ? @alex_zheng

5 Likes

Please refer to my question here: