Flint 2 (GL-MT6000 ) - bug reports - collective thread

It works now after changing the Wifi Mode on the router to “11a/n/ac/ax”. Now it is connected to 5GHz “ax” without any issue.

Previously, it was “11ac/ax” and the Mac air M1 didn’t connect to 5Ghz.

1 Like

Maybe this will help you to find working configurations

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the firmware. So far its running stable:

But there is something else i noticed. I seem to have a lot of Ghosts clients, which means, OpenWRT shows me an amount of clients, which is impossible. According to it there are more than 250 clients connected to my public WiFi but the streets outside are empty.:

I never had such amount with the Flint 1.

I woke up again and the wifi was not connecting on any of my devices, I tried turning off and on the wifi but the connection still failed, only after the restart did it work again, remembering that I already had this type of problem on the mt3000 and it was related to devices connected to the router via cable.

@japa182 This sounds like my experience. This morning my 5G Wifi had a good signal but could only do 6mbit down and upload max with a very high ping and packetloss.

The problem suddenly disappeared, but i had it before several times where my phone showed “no internet connection available”.

The 2,4ghz signal was working fine with almost 100Mbit down/up.

There aren’t any hints in the log files which could explain this symptom.

I have the feeling that the WiFi driver is not running stable, in addition to the problem that inactive clients seem not to get deauthenticated. I even manually disabled my phones Wifi and couldn’t see any deauthentication happening in the log files.

1 Like

@JerryZhao unfortunatley after an uptime of 1 day with the firmware you provided the Wifi (both bands) became unusable.

I used my Laptop connected with a AX210 adapter literally standing next to the router.

I got the full link speed of 2400mbit up/down but i get a maximum down and upload speed of 2Mbit/5.42Mbit.

I compared the speed with a laptop connected to LAN port: Full 500Mbit Down/ 100Mbit up.

After a reboot the download/upload WiFi speed is restored.

After a reboot I didn’t have a kernel crash message yet. I will monitor it further.

Edit:

The kernel crash message showed up again after an 17m uptime and the WiFi became unsable. This firmware version may fix the crash reboots but leads to more problems, in this case an unusable WiFi (almost no down and upload, high ping)

1 Like

This is a serious problem with wifi, most people use wifi on their devices and would need it to be stable

2 Likes

It‘s not pretty serious.

Most people use a router just at home - and there it works great. Mine is running since arrival without any bigger issues.

It says no encryption on each active SSID. Are you sure you set a WiFi password?

Its running as a public WiFi, i used the Flint 1 for this in the past with 0 problems hoping that the Flint 2 will improve the range and speed.

It could maybe also be some attack maybe?

One thing what comes in mind is a wifi dos attack.

Meaning a bad user causes so many random connections disconnections in a attempt to crash it, some of these wireless chips can do alot more handshakes and even beacon spam but that is a different type of attack.

For me it works fine, but i do use encryption.

Do you think that waking up on any given day and not being able to connect to any WiFi network on any of your devices is not serious? I know that restarting will solve the problem, but it is not a permanent solution, but a temporary one.

Edit: Do you have any device connected to an ethernet port? Has it ever happened to you being unable to connect to WiFi on your devices the other day?

1 Like

This seems to be the same problem as mine, a period of inactivity means that wifi 2.4, 5 and guests 2.4 do not connect on any of my devices, only with a restart to get it working again

It could be, but why does the Flint 1 not have this problem while standing at the same position as the Flint 2?

Not a bug report, but is there a way to transfer settings from Flint to Flint 2? I am going to be upgrading the hardware this week. Can I at least import the keys for the Wireguard server so that all my clients that are connecting to me can keep their keys?

„Serious“ would be if the problem occurs for many people. That’s not the case.

As a workaround you could set the scheduled reboot at night.

Biggest problem is that most people are not able to describe their networks - which is necessary to find bugs if there are any. Could be some loop within the network for example - but without at least a network diagram it will be hard to find this.

Mine device works perfectly fine; even with connected ethernet devices.

1 Like

You can export your config via the “Advanced Settings” → System → Backup/Flash Firmware

in the tar.gz archive you will find various files, for example /etc/wireguard and /etc/wireguard_server

In theory you can copy both files to the same place of the Flint 2 via WinSCP and your wireguard settings should get be imported.

3 Likes

Well its hard to awnser this question, how many times it happens you see 200 associations with the flint 2 :yum:

Though maybe there is still a issue in the mediatek driver when some tries a association attack with lots authentication disconnects, nornally you would expect the driver to temporarily megitate it by being down but yours crashed, logs can be really usefull if it dropped a stacktrace.

Do you use the wireless interface in a DSA bridge?

Thank you, I will try that. However I’m realizing I will also need need to copy over the DDNS config or else the clients won’t know where to connect.

Dumb question, what credentials and protocol do I use to get into Flint 2?