Flint firmware 4.1.0 release 2 is out

When in doubt, click about :joy: It has been brought up before that it is not obvious that there is another menu. Please standardize and make more noticeable

Still getting the issue of distfeed wont download when wgclient is active.

:gl_emoji_dizzy:I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet :gl_emoji_shacking:

Try restarting your modem after you do some test and what ever see if it gets better or worse.

Same after the restart :frowning:

I also realize I can’t unistall packages from the plugin tab :frowning:

To get to VPN Policies go to VPN DASHBOARD and then you should see a big button for VPN POLICIES

Which then opens up another selection like this…

If you don’t have this button/options you’ll probably need to flash the .img file with clearing your settings.

2 Likes

Smooth upgrade for me to 4.1.0. release 3 using the .tar file.

Smooth upgrade using the GL.iNet upgrade page and the .tar file. I downloaded SQM scripts and sqm LuCi then ran a config backup to load my configurations.
Adguardhome is 0.107.8 (newest is 0.107.17 or 0.108.0).
Configurations file loaded wgclient and every thing is working except I am getting the same distfeed error as before.

Suggested this:

if ! grep "#!/bin/sh" /usr/bin/wget; then
 mv /usr/bin/wget /usr/bin/wget.bak
 echo -e "#!/bin/sh\n/usr/bin/wget.bak -4 \"\$@\"" > /usr/bin/wget && chmod +x /usr/bin/wget
fi

or

1. mv /usr/bin/wget /usr/bin/wget.bak
  2. create a new /usr/bin/wget with contents:

#!/bin/sh /usr/bin/wget.bak -4 “$@”

1. chmod +x /usr/bin/wget
    or

Bug Report
OK so LAN does not show the correct ip even when changed LuCi shows correct

DNS is trying to use IPv6

IPv6 is not enabled

I am not seeing that here. My max users are set at default 150 (Not sure what your NaN setting is?)…
I have IPV6 disabled.

1 Like

It could be something with my config file. So I will take a hour or so to setup from default to my settings.

The 2 bugs I reported aren’t fixed yet in the release 3. I hope release 4 fixes it.
1- Unable to update AdGuard Home through the web interface. The firmware comes with version 0.107.8. The newest version is 0.107.17 (Flint and Slate AX)
2- Lost temperature readout, as reported by motox22a (Only in Flint)

@yuxin.zou @alzhao

1 Like

Does the ADGuard Home page indicate any error messages?

The CPU temperature display is only available on devices with fan.
Can you tell me why you need to see the CPU temperature on Flint? It dissipates heat well and will not overheat in most cases, unless you put it next to a fireplace. Even if you think it’s too hot, you can’t turn on a fan for it. If it gets too hot, you should not be able to access the web pages.

1 Like

No, it just won’t inform me there is an update available or let me manually search for an update.
I was able to update in v4.0.1 beta2.
Maybe a permissions problem?

Well, I wouldn’t say that I need to see the temperatura in Flint, but I liked the idea. I used that info to try ways to cool the router (I know I don’t need, but I prefer it running as cold as possible).

This did not seem to have the intended affect and Distfeed problem still exist.

We have turned off the ADGuard Home upgrade alerts.
Because there are always problems with upgrades. So we hope that for users who are not technologically knowledgeable ADGuard Home comes with a firmware upgrade.
You can still upgrade manually with SSH.

1 Like

Turning those off is also a bad idea. No matter what you do you’ll have unhappy users but disabling the alerts is the worst option in my opinion.
But since you took the liberty of disabling them could you now please make a guide available for those of us who want to update manually? Or better yet is there a way for us to revert your changes to the alerts?

Please refer to FAQ · AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome Wiki.

However, I do not recommend that you upgrade. Unless you want to learn it.
Upgrading ADGuard Home will often make it unavailable. This is true even when upgrading from the ADGuard Home page. The result is that users must have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems before they can use ADGuard Home properly.
So if you think it’s complicated to upgrade manually, then all the more reason not to upgrade it.

1 Like

So because| you don’t want to provide support for a feature that was a sellng point for my axt1800 you feel that it’s a good user experience to remove it? I see you’ve also removed mesh support from the routers that were sold as mesh routers. If this trend continues you’ll be sure to lose users. @alzhao you may want to rethink some of your recent business decisions before you get to many unsatisfied customers willing to share their experiences with the world

No offensive.

But how to overcome the technical barriers to ahieve the goal?

Mesh support is not available in beta firmwares because of major technical changes as I explained. You can still keep using the old firmware.

Adguard home upgrade keep breaking the whole firmware. It is fair to remove update before solving it.

By removeing the Adguard update available alert you stop most people from even realizing there is an update. The length of time between stable releases of new firmware can be very long resulting in very outdated software that could otherwise be updated. Like I said your going to have angry customers no matter what you do but in my experience the ones that know what is being done will trend to be the loudest voices when leaving reviews and giving recommendations. Where before you got good reviews from people getting customers service, now you’ll get poor reviews by people who feel they’ve been misled by bait and switch tactics

Unfortunately this doesn’t show how to update routers. Command etc are different in the guide you linked. So I’ll ask again, could we please get a guide on how to update Adguard. I’ve got an axt1800 and never had a problem doing the update from Adguard until you removed it…