Flint firmware 4.1.0 release 2 is out

fan support temperature setting: i dont see it at system overview, is it at another place

1 Like

Trying to update packages keeping getting errors. Just installed 4.1.0 release 2 had no problem with 4.1.0 release 1
errors:
Collected errors:

2 Likes

Was this the CVE reports for openWRT 22.02 that someone brought up?

I lost TEMPERATURE readout on the Flint…Don’t see it anywhere. Why did this happen? Because you implemented Fan Temperature setting on other routers with a FAN and since we don’t have an internal FAN this resulted in us losing Temperature readout? Personally I would like temperature readout back on the Final version.

2 Likes

Nice update. Found 2 bugs:
1- Unable to update AdGuard Home. To make things worse, the firmware ships a old version
2- Lost temperature readout, as reported by motox22a

1 Like

Not sure what you did, but I could update to the latest Adguard version, without any hassle. Make sure you stop both services before you upgrade!

It’s not the only one with adguard home issue.

Hi, very nice of you if you could explain this in a little more detail. Thank you.

I always get the error “no Data”. Even if I take the old file again.

Think they are referring to SSH.

Before you begin make sure you know where files are located, as they will be different file paths.
There is also a quick-way where you remove everything but the config file.

No. I am using WinSCP. But there are two services running, when you want to do the upgrade.
If you don’t stop them, the update won’t work. And you have to set the right permissions to the new file.

WinSCP is a windows app for SSH (Secure SHell) file upload more or less :slightly_smiling_face: I also use it. I like Bitvise SSH client more.

If upgrading from 3.2.14 im confused about which file to use, do I use the local upgrade file or the uboot upgrade file ?

This instructions beside the uboot file state to use this file when upgrading from 3x to 4x in the web admin panel.

Normally I wouldnt use a beta firmware, but im having problems with mine at the moment where im getting major slow downs and am having to reboot it every other day, im not using adguard nor am I using a wireguard except when torrenting, just pretty much using it as a wireless router with only my main PC hard wired to it, basically beacuse the hub which my ISP supplied me with is a piece of junk.

Is there any major problems I should worry about and wait for the final version ? or is this beta pretty much good to go.

There are more instructions if you clicked on it

Either way is acceptable just make sure you use the right file for the methode
I went with UBoot because of the jump from 3.x to 4.x

:gl_emoji_dizzy:I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet :gl_emoji_shacking:

1 Like

Thanks, went ahead a flashed it, did a full factory reset after flashing, everything I use on the router is working fine, love the new options and layout from the 3x versions, ive had no need to use Luci to set certain things up.

Time will tell if it needs regular reboots.

4.1.0 release 3 for flint and slate ax is out

1 Like

I just upgraded to version 4.1.0 beta 3 and have so far no negative observations.
AdGuard is updated to the newest version.
One remark: I couldn’t update with the *.img file but with the *.tar file.

After updating to 4.1.0 r3 from 3.214-0509, I can’t find VPN policies :frowning:

I also realize that my ping using my own Wireguard server has increased by 5ms :sleepy:

I believe in version 4.1.0, VPN policies are moved to the area “Global Proxy” if I am not wrong:

There is a lot you can customize now.

2 Likes

When in doubt, click about :joy: It has been brought up before that it is not obvious that there is another menu. Please standardize and make more noticeable

Still getting the issue of distfeed wont download when wgclient is active.

:gl_emoji_dizzy:I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet :gl_emoji_shacking:

Try restarting your modem after you do some test and what ever see if it gets better or worse.