Flint firmware 4.1.0 release6 is out

The 3372 is as shipped and has worked on earlier v3 software in “Tethering” mode. The device presents IP Network 192.168.8.0/24 with a default gateway of 192.168.8.1 to the FLINT. 4.1Bx does not work. Old v3 code did work.

Just remind me you want before and after speed test on Flint 3.x to 4.x right?

correct - as couple users are having same issue.

I noticed some older devices (2.4ghz compatible only) can’t connect to the Flint after the update. However, openning a seperate 2.4ghz Guest channel allows the devices to be connected successfully. I think there might be some bug with the dual 2.4ghz/5ghz auto switching in the latest firmware.
EDIT: I found the issue. Changing the Wi-Fi security of the 2.4Ghz from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA2 only solved this issue for me.

1 Like

still no wifi fix thats mad that slow 5g speed

If you look at firmware 3.214, under wireless in LuCi one sees that AX band is actually not there. So I am thinking that GL.iNET was using a prototype AC build and when it rolled to openwrt 21.02 that supported AX it broke.

If you go into LuCi and change the wireless 5g interface from AX to AC the speed should come back.

A number of other brands running openwrt builds are also affected.

Just waiting on a AX fix

Do you have a pic? of what you are referring to? this is what i see from luci wireless interfaces

For you it is the SSID NETGEAR56-5G click edit
That will take you to device configuration general setup and go to operating frequency 3rd section down change from ax to ac

This didnt work for me, It made my latency super High and speed even slower, thans though, Ax1800 Flint

Any chance of a fox being implemented for tethering with. 3372 on flint. B6 has been out a while and the fix identified. Frustrating not to have backup connectivity

Tethering should just work.

The non-work part is ppp I think.

Why was version 4.1.0 release 6 removed from the site? What problem was identified? I’m using this version

You can still download 4.1.0 release 6 so the files were not removed. However I also am wondering why a day or so ago I noticed that 4.1.0 release 6 is no longer listed as the STABLE release and now they reverted back to listing the 3.x old version as the STABLE version for the FLINT router. It could be they’re trying to push users to the 4.2 Betas or Snapshots. I tried using some of the early 4.2 Snapshots and they were very unstable. Streaming would cut out within a very short time. Reverting to 4.10 resolved that. Since I have no interest in some of the new remote services in the 4.2 version I too am on 4.1.0. release 6 until at least they get 4.2 stable but I’m also curious why all of a sudden version 3.x is listed again as the STABLE version for the FLINT router.

1 Like

Dev said somewhere it was a mistake, there was no 4.1 stable release

Well that’s surprising…

Where can you download it from? I can no longer find it on the firmware pages.

At the top of this thread…But here they are again…

.TAR
https://fw.gl-inet.com/firmware/snapshots/20221102_4.1.0_release6/ax1800/openwrt-ax1800-4.1.0-1114-1668412657.tar
.IMG
https://fw.gl-inet.com/firmware/snapshots/20221102_4.1.0_release6/ax1800/openwrt-ax1800-4.1.0-1114-1668412657.img

1 Like

Thanks for that. Appreciated.

fellow flint AX1800 owners

just noticed theres a seperate 4.1.3 snapshot firmware dated quite recently 20230107

any survival report is appreciated

Will push later. Need to solve some upgrade problems