Flint randomly reboot itself

And on the 22nd day at the 13th hour your flint locked up and crashed :rofl: right?
I will through my random 2 cents in with:
Been using 4.2.x snapshots sense December been pretty solid for my usage some have gone 7+ days without restart or issue (I consider that a good standard as good practice is to backup and restart equipment every 7-9 days)
Only time I have had a issue was if I kept settings, I normally load a config file saved and load any packages I want to try or need.
Good rule for Snapshot is Not to keep settings and start fresh then load a config file.

was still going well but then i installed the 4.2 snapshots and rebooted

I’m at 68 hours uptime right now which is a far cry from rebooting several times per day. Don’t believe this is overuse of CPU/RAM as I’m only using it as a wifi router, no vpn or extra services. I’ve disabled the multi wan tracking function as well.

I get the feeling this is heat related as I seem to have the most uptime success by lowering the transmit power on both 2ghz and 5ghz radios to medium. Router is not in a warm environment and has plenty of space for air flow around it.

I’ll keep poking at it.

1 Like