Flint Stuck in endless loop on Wireguard start

Hi there after upgrading to Firmware 4.0.0 release 2 the VPN client will suddenly stop working and goes into an endless loop

Tue Jun 21 12:49:03 2022 kern.info kernel: [29482.740894] wireguard: wireguard-hotplug IFNAME=wgclient ACTION=REKEY-TIMEOUT
Tue Jun 21 12:49:03 2022 user.notice wireguard-debug: USER=root ifname=wgclient ACTION=REKEY-TIMEOUT SHLVL=2 HOME=/ HOTPLUG_TYPE=wireguard LOGNAME=root DEVICENAME= TERM=linux SUBSYSTEM=wireguard PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin PWD=/

I have tried adjusting and syncing time to both the client time zone and local time zoned with no luck. I have also tried 3 other configurations of the Wireguard (using TorGuard) with different locations also with no success. Not even a router reboot is helping.
Any thoughts …
Thank you

2 Likes

hi, what is your device type, AXT1800 ? the newest version is release3, you can have a try

Hi,
I have the same problem with wireguard, but openvpn works, I have the GL-AXT1800 and I’m on release 3, no updates for me, any help ?

1 Like

There is a new 4.0.1 beta you could try but I don’t know if this issue was fixed in it or not.

Hi, AXT1800 release 4.0.1 version, as follow:
http://download.gl-inet.com/firmware/snapshots/20220723_4.0.1_release1/axt1800/

if it not work longer, offer the log.

I am facing this same issue with wireguard on AXT1800 v4.01 release 3

hi, what is you config. can you send the .conf info ? you clear the encry key, i want to find which is different from my conf.

I have the same problem. Bought the Device for WireguardConnection but it doesn’t work… Other device (Mudi) is working with same VPN Wireguard Config.

I installed the last release (4.0.2 release 1) but the problem of wireguard still not corrected, do you have any other suggestions ?

Do you have any info about the the vpn server? Your own or which is the vpn service provider?

Do you have any info about the wireguard you are using?

Also are you using wireguard somewhere has Interent censorship?

I am using TorGuard Wireguard client and also yes I am in a restricted country. But also guessing might be an issue since I’m using the same setting on 2 devices the Flint and Opal not sure if they had anything to do with it. TorGuard have said no it shouldn’t be a problem
Cheers

Restricted country may be the issue.

@alzhao it will be the same issue ecplained here:

It is an issue on GL.iNet side. Can you bring this topic forward?

Yes but I never was able to replicate the same problem here.

Maybe I can help to replicate. If you want to see, we could do an appointment and I share my screen or so.

That will be helpful. But can you send me one config so that I can test by myself?

You got an message :wink:

Hi,
I’m using my own wireguard vpn server on a raspberry pi 4 with pivpn, the thing is I have another router from gl.inet that works perfectly with this wireguard server from first click and when I upgraded to the slate 1800, it goes on an endless loop

For information, I have this release version : 4.0.2 Release

Endless loop like:

Thu Aug 25 15:49:28 2022 user.notice wireguard-debug: USER=root ifname=wgclient ACTION=REKEY-TIMEOUT SHLVL=2 HOME=/ HOTPLUG_TYPE=wireguard LOGNAME=root DEVICENAME= TERM=linux SUBSYSTEM=wireguard PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin PWD=/
Thu Aug 25 15:49:34 2022 user.notice wireguard-debug: USER=root ifname=wgclient ACTION=REKEY-TIMEOUT SHLVL=2 HOME=/ HOTPLUG_TYPE=wireguard LOGNAME=root DEVICENAME= TERM=linux SUBSYSTEM=wireguard PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin PWD=/
Thu Aug 25 15:49:39 2022 user.notice wireguard-debug: USER=root ifname=wgclient ACTION=REKEY-TIMEOUT SHLVL=2 HOME=/ HOTPLUG_TYPE=wireguard LOGNAME=root DEVICENAME= TERM=linux SUBSYSTEM=wireguard PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin PWD=/
Thu Aug 25 15:49:44 2022 user.notice wireguard-debug: USER=root ifname=wgclient ACTION=REKEY-TIMEOUT SHLVL=2 HOME=/ HOTPLUG_TYPE=wireguard LOGNAME=root DEVICENAME= TERM=linux SUBSYSTEM=wireguard PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin PWD=/
Thu Aug 25 15:49:49 2022 user.notice wireguard-debug: USER=root ifname=wgclient ACTION=REKEY-TIMEOUT SHLVL=2 HOME=/ HOTPLUG_TYPE=wireguard LOGNAME=root DEVICENAME= TERM=linux SUBSYSTEM=wireguard PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin PWD=/
Thu Aug 25 15:49:54 2022 user.notice wireguard-debug: USER=root ifname=wgclient ACTION=REKEY-TIMEOUT SHLVL=2 HOME=/ HOTPLUG_TYPE=wireguard LOGNAME=root DEVICENAME= TERM=linux SUBSYSTEM=wireguard PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin PWD=/

?

Trying to verify this with @alzhao. He is very engaged but we didn’t found a solution yet … :frowning: