Flint WiFi issues

Then make it when first configuring router with password, wifi name, to also configure country, as this only 4 channels are not a good solution. Also, there is not option anywhere to change country. Not all users know how to SSH and use advanced options…

EDIT: I have set country to DE and still have only 4 channels to choose.
wifi_country

I have to put other channel in config, as they are not available in web UI.

Please refer to the country code configuration and available channel: List of WLAN channels - Wikipedia.

And after the country code is configured, restart the router.

Done that and nothing, only 4 first channels are available in UI. For refference, all channels are available on Belkin when setting DE as country code.

EDIT: got to work by installing qsdk-ax1800-3.207-1129 and not keeping configuration.

EDIT2: Still, not all channels available for selection.
Channels in UI selection are now:

But, as I stated before, there are many more chanels that are missing:

• 5260 MHz [52] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5280 MHz [56] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5300 MHz [60] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5320 MHz [64] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5500 MHz [100] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5520 MHz [104] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5540 MHz [108] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5560 MHz [112] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5580 MHz [116] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5600 MHz [120] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5620 MHz [124] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5640 MHz [128] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5660 MHz [132] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5680 MHz [136] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5700 MHz [140] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5720 MHz [144] (24.0 dBm)
  • 5825 MHz [165] (30.0 dBm)

Dont be confused with regulation indor/outdoor use. Outdoor use means installing router with high power antenna for city wifi, etc, not for private use if I put my router on my balcony or terrace, or my yard. ALL channels should be selectable in UI, some with DFS scanner enabled, and with reduced power. ONLY routers for exclusively outdoor use, should NOT use indoor channels. Check original latest OpenWRT and country regulations in europe.

Hi Hrvoje555:

Band2 and Band3 are DFS channels and are currently disabled by default. We will consider open DFS channels.

2 Likes

@lizh helped me today out! Thanks :smiley:
I think we found the issue.
When I have Wireguard enabled with active VPN connection, then only LAN works. WiFi Connection works, but I cant open any website, because of endless loading.

Maybe @lizh can answer too, because he knows more then me

Edit: My firewall settings (default):

1. After updating to 3.207 I have WiFi issues, signals appear and disappear quite frequently.
    blue light on router starts flashing slowly and after couple of minutes WiFi signals appear again.

2- Sometimes it is not WiFi issue but there is no Internet connectivity. If I disable and enable NextDNS Internet connects again.

3- I have enabled GL DDNS but I can’t set it in nextDNS as in the router DDNS check I always get the message " Your DDNS is not effective yet. Please try later."

1.After updating to 3.207 I have WiFi issues, signals appear and disappear quite frequently.
blue light on router starts flashing slowly and after couple of minutes WiFi signals appear again.
—> Mobile phones and other devices can not search WiFi SSID?

That’s right. I have disabled 2.4Ghz SSID and left 5Ghz turned on. Will see how it behaves.
I have noticed another strange issue when TV and laptop couldn’t connect to Internet but mobile phone could, at the same time.

Update: Same issue. Whenever there is WiFi issue the blue light starts blinking slowly. At the moment Flint is behaving less than a $15 router.

Hi realjohny:

Update: Same issue. Whenever there is WiFi issue the blue light starts blinking slowly.
—> The light display has nothing to do with WiFi. Blue breath only means you are now your outer net is unstable. It doesn’t have much to do with the routing equipment.

That’s right. I have disabled 2.4Ghz SSID and left 5Ghz turned on. Will see how it behaves.
I have noticed another strange issue when TV and laptop couldn’t connect to Internet but mobile phone could, at the same time.
—> Please check whether Wi-Fi Security(SAE) and Wi-Fi Mode(AX).Some older products do not support the two new technologies well .

@lizh

The outer connection is most reliable and stable. It is working with zero downtime on B1300 with firmware 3.22.

I have used both 2.4Ghz (with AX) and 5Ghz (with AX) for these devices. These devices are Samsung S21 Ultra, Nvidia Shield TV, Dell XPS 10th gen. I believe all these devices are quite new.

Besides the WiFi issue, for no Internet connectivity what I have noticed is, it has something to do with custom DNS server. As I turn it off and on again, I get Internet connectivity.

When this happens, can you ping router and for example, 8.8.8.8 ?

Hello, since I upgraded to firmware 3.207, with 2s2, I can no longer reach the subnet of router b from the wifi of flint (router a). I can ping the peripherals, but not connect. No problem from the wired network. I have downgraded the fling to firmware 3.206 and everything is ok.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I will check it.

After 2 or more month my 2 pcs flints is delivered, but i’m very disappointed, they are both have low lvl noise, forum have threads with this issue

Send a message to cs@gl-inet.com and they should be ae to sort you out.

Received your email and working on that.

Hello, since I switched to firmware 3.208, I have the same problem as with the 3.207, with the s2s vpn: I can no longer access the subnet of router b from Flint’s wifi (router a ). I can ping devices, but cannot connect. No problem from the wired network. I downgraded the fling to firmware 3.206 and everything is fine. Can you s.v.pl. correct the problem in the next firmware? Thanks and greetings.

I reset the 2 routers to the default values, installed firmware 3.208 and recreated the s2s tunnel, and everything works. Thanks and greetings.

1 Like

So I did reset my Router to and have installed before latest FW… For now everything works… I will wait 3-4 days and response again…

1 Like

There are still huge 2,4G Wifi issues present for me, bandwidth around 1mbps even though there is perfect signal quality. Any news on that?

5G works perfectly, but there’s now coverage on the edges of my flat. So its quite a luxury problem. 2,4G IoT devices work as they should, they don’t require a lot of bandwidth probably.