Flint WiFi issues

I reset the 2 routers to the default values, installed firmware 3.208 and recreated the s2s tunnel, and everything works. Thanks and greetings.

1 Like

So I did reset my Router to and have installed before latest FW… For now everything works… I will wait 3-4 days and response again…

1 Like

There are still huge 2,4G Wifi issues present for me, bandwidth around 1mbps even though there is perfect signal quality. Any news on that?

5G works perfectly, but there’s now coverage on the edges of my flat. So its quite a luxury problem. 2,4G IoT devices work as they should, they don’t require a lot of bandwidth probably.

Do you have any details? I don’t have feedback like this.

Well even after a fresh reset 2.4ghz wifi throughput is max 1-2 Mbit/s with perfect reception, upload usually worse, huge Ping also, 500ms. Apple devices mainly, will try to confirm with others

@alzhao does Flint technically support 160 MHz channel width?

NO. Flint only support 80MHz.

1 Like

I had completely the same issue. I had an USB disk attached to the USB port. After removing the disk everything was back to normal. It seems like the disk sucked to much power and is affecting the router (funnily just the 2.4 GHZ Wifi).

USB3.0 has great interference with 2.4G wifi. Are you read/writing to the disk while using 2.4G?

It interferes but should be usable.

No it was just attached. Did not read or write anything.

I have the issues without any disk attached…

I made some tests right now. As soon as I plugin the SSD and do a reboot 2.4 GHZ WiFi is unusable. Plug out the SSD and reboot, everything is fine again. Thats very strange! I really need the SSD attached to the router. It is one of the main reasons I bought this router. I even tried the 4.0 beta firmware. Completely the same behavior.

is it product flaw to put both usb 3.0 and wifi 2.4Ghz?

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.pdf

1 Like

My guess would be that it’s a power issue. There are plenty of routers without issues when using a USB Drive.

Well it really was the interference between the USB3 Controller from my SSD and the 2.4 GHZ Wifi.
I took a longer cable and placed the disk on an other spot and Wifi speed is almost back to normal.

Now I understand why most router manufacturer still are using USB2 ports for their devices.

Thats very interesting as my flint is sitting on top of a computer. Maybe I can solve my issues by finding another place for it to sit :wink:

Pretty sure that’s the reason. Keep us updated :blush:

Same issue here too Ax1800 Flint, newest beta firmware slow as hell download, upload is ok, its the router , ehternet is 990 meg symmetrical, wifi on all devices is not climbing above 300Meg, before updates it was 700Meg over wifi on multiple devices

Feels to me, it’s like all devices has gone to 1x1 connection instead of 2x2

It wasn’t the reason unfortunately, that the router was on the pc.