GL-AR150: can powering be done by any PoE power inserter / device?

Hi zelogik

I’m glad that soldering is nor a problem for you, are you willing to make few modules and earn some cash?

Can you solder one module and send it to me for testing? If it works out I’m willing to buy 20 modules right away and do some more testing, if they work out then I’ll order even more…

Hi Valent,

Depend of what you want. See attached file.

Fig1:

Easy to make. If you have many router to power, you can put only one DC-DC converter (check the power), and put one big POE injector, instead of one injector for each device.

Fig2:

More tricky, need to unlid the POE injector, cut PCB trace and make a beautiful 3D printed case to fit everything.

Regards.

Ie: Where do you live (I’m from France)? And hope you’re not in a hurry, as all items are shipped from china.

Both solutions work, but aren’t “clean” and would intruduce new elemnts that can fail… and also can’t fit inside the case of Gl-Inet so you need to make new case…

I have done similar modifications as you are suggesting, but from my experience because they add additional complexity whole system is usually more error and fault prone.

I would consider only true solution is to re-design current Gl-Inet POE module so it works from 9-28V on input (most routers do this without problems).

I have an AR150 with PoE (factory assembled.)
When powered by the Gli PoE power adapter the router runs very hot and locks of periodically …though only daily, now that the weather is cooler.

Recently I changed, now powering it from the PoE port of a MikroTik 951.
After 48 hours use the AR150 is dead.

When I power up the AR150 from a simple power adapter only one Green LED lights; no flash of Red LED.
The device fails to boot up. I cannot enter Uboot.

Of the GLi mini routers I own only two of five work reliably; one is intermittent; two are completely dead.

Between Dead and Intermittent Lockup I choose dead— You always know its state.

@woolverton, plead contact cs@gl-inet.com for replacement