I have been trying to troubleshoot my 2 GL-AR150’s for almost a year now. The problem is that the AR150’s suddenly stopped scanning for WIFI networks, when used in client mode. A Wifi scan returns no results.
iwinfo wlan0 scan shows “Scanning not possible”. I have posted the details on the following thread:
When used as an access point, the AR150 works fine. However, I do want to use one of them in client mode and one of them in AP mode.
I tried everything. I replaced the antenna on one of the routers. I also replaced the pigtail connector. I flashed the firmware several times, from Uboot also. I updated to the clean version of OpenWRT LuCi. Everything. Still the Wifi scanning isn’t working. I am suspecting that the ART partition must be damaged somehow. I don’t have a backup of the ART partition. Can you please provide me a BIN file and the procedure to rebuild/restore/reflash the ART partition?
It s the second time it happens the first time I have changed the router for some months it worked fine then it stopped scanning access points.
I use it to repeat an enterprise access point configuring in luci ( advanced settings)
After a total reset (10 second pressure reset button) when I scan for access points it works fine, then I join the access point, I set eap username
& password and after pressing save and apply it connects some time for some seconds and sometimes not at all.
Then when I scan for access points (now its in client mode) the result is zero till reboot or till I enter the basic interface and in repater mode is able to see access points (but in basic interface its not possible configure eap username & password).
Yes I can send back and I would like change with another model you can suggest thats not affected by the problem and able to repeat eap ( wpad preinstalled)