GL-AR300M does not detect Android device for tethering

I read I can tether my phone connecting it to the USB port, but the router does not detect it. My phone only detects a power source and I cannot enable USB tethering. Am I missing something? I have a Nexus 5X running Android 7.1.1.

What is the router model and what is your firmware version?

I don’t have a Nexus. I just tested again in my HTC and it works. The phone is identified as usb0 in the router.

The router model is in the title, GL-AR300M. I’m running GLI firmware v2.25. It turns out my laptop isn’t detecting my phone, either so it must be an issue with my phone. Very strange, it was working before.

EDIT: It was a hardware failure with my phone. I RMA’ed it and the replacement is working.

Hi,
I have the GL-AXT1800 Router. I am trying to use the USB Tethering functionality. I have an Android A03 phone running 4.13 firmware.

When I plug in my android phone into the USB port on the router, I hear the acknowledgment sound indicating it is plugged in but the router does not see it at all.

However, when I plug in my iphone, it see it instantly. Am I doing something wrong?

Double-check that “USB tethering” has been enabled in the Android connection settings. Also, is there a notification/popup when it is plugged in and you have to choose the USB connection type?

To confirm, you try testing the Android phone to see if it works on a PC or Mac.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

Yep. It is really weird. I have enabled the USB Tethering on the Android itself and USB tethering works fine when my android is plugged directly into my laptop. However, when I plug it into my new GL iNET AXT1800 router, the router does not see it. But it does see my iphone when I plug it in.

Can you post the System Log/Kernel Log to see if there is a message that the phone USB was detected?