GL-AR300M: How do I flash NOR?

Hi again, I’m now getting some relative stability in my AR300M and want to experiment with the next step. I’m thinking it would be cool if I can run the normal OpenWrt-setup on the NAND flash and a Librarybox/Piratebox on the NOR? That way I could use the switch to select which one I wanted to boot into depending if there is internet access or not where I set up the mobile router.

Would this be possible?

My Webroot interface doesn’t seem to support NOR-flash. Is there any way to update it?

<span style=“color: #222222; font-family: source_sans_proregular, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;”>Webroot = UBoot. I’ve also built a new NOR image following the documentation, just wondering where I flash it. Using the UBOOT only flash the NAND right?</span>

:slight_smile:

we have a new uboot which does what you said.

You have to have usb-uart adapter, solder serial connector and setup a tftp server in order to change the uboot. Can you?

Ah cool, I might try that - I’ve ordered an usb-uart adapter! In the meantime I’ll just run the MiniDLNA off the OpenWrt and skip the Piratebox-shenanigans.