GL-AR300M WireGaurd Client cannot connect to server

Setting up Gl-AR300M Wiregaurd client at my remote location and trying to connect it to my server, am not able to connect and following is the log. Help much appreciated.

daemon.notice netifd: Interface ‘wgclient’ is now down
daemon.notice netifd: Interface ‘wgclient’ is setting up now
user.notice mwan3[11986]: Execute ifdown event on interface wgclient (unknown)
user.notice firewall: Reloading firewall due to ifdown of wgclient ()
user.notice wireguard-debug: USER=root ifname=wgclient ACTION=REKEY-GIVEUP SHLVL=1 HOME=/ HOTPLUG_TYPE=wireguard LOGNAME=root DEVICENAME= TERM=linux SUBSYSTEM=wireguard PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin PWD=/
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): [!] Section @forwarding[0] is disabled, ignoring section
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): [!] Section @forwarding[1] is disabled, ignoring section
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): [!] Section nat6 option ‘reload’ is not supported by fw4
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): [!] Section gls2s option ‘reload’ is not supported by fw4
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): [!] Section gls2s specifies unreachable path ‘/var/etc/gls2s.include’, ignoring section
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): [!] Section glblock option ‘reload’ is not supported by fw4
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): [!] Section vpn_server_policy option ‘reload’ is not supported by fw4
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): [!] Automatically including ‘/usr/share/nftables.d/chain-pre/mangle_output/01-process_mark.nft’
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): [!] Automatically including ‘/usr/share/nftables.d/chain-post/mangle_output/out_conn_mark_restore.nft’
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): DROP all opt – in * out * 0.0.0.0/0 → 0.0.0.0/0 match-set GL_MAC_BLOCK src
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): Failed to parse json data: unexpected character
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): uci: Entry not found
daemon.notice netifd: wgclient (14514): cat: can’t open ‘/tmp/run/wg_resolved_ip’: No such file or directory
daemon.notice netifd: Interface ‘wgclient’ is now down
daemon.notice netifd: Interface ‘wgclient’ is setting up now

What is your WG router? Ports are reachable?
No network conflicts? (It’s f.e. not allowed to use 192.168.8.x on both sides)

I have done port forwarding in my router and then GL router as Server.
Client is also behind a router, do i need to have a portforwarding befor the client too?

It’s f.e. not allowed to use 192.168.8.x on both sides → how do i make sure of this ?

By checking the configuration of your router.

in the router portforwarding, port number was from the Glinet admin page 51820 and IP was the one which was on the internet connection of Glinet admin page. was it right ? I am still struggling to connect via Client

Since you don’t expose data, I can only assume that you are right.
Port forwarding should be something like:
51280 UDP → 192.168.x.x (IP of the GL.iNet)

had TCP/UDP till now, will change it to UDP and check if it helps. I mean its no rocket science but i am facing problem :frowning:

Also do I need to setup port forwarding on the router to which my client is connected ?

Folllowing is a snippet of my configuration of server :

[Peer]
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0,::/0
Endpoint = 192.168.x.xx:51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25

that shud be perfect right ?

Endpoint must be your external IP or DynDNS, not your internal IP.

what do i understand by external IP?

The external IP of your ISP connection, so the one from the router which is connected directly to the Internet.

Go to https://ifconfig.co and copy the IP.

external IP of the router where my GL iNet Server is connected ?

Exactly. Since this is the IP your internet connection has.

by port forwarding, my router asks for internal host : I can give 192.168.1.xx and port again 51820?

using fritzbox as router i could easily setup Gl.inet server using GL-AR300M but unable to do so using TCL 5G router, any hacks for this?
I did portforwarding as I did on my Fritzbox too

I get the following message : user.notice firewall: Reloading firewall due to ifup of wgserver (wgserver)

You want to use a cellular router as WireGuard server? So it’s connected by 5G/LTE?

Yes I have cellular router and I am connecting GL-AR 300 to that and setting-up as a server

Won’t work.

Cellular mostly uses Carrier-grade NAT - Wikipedia - which means you can’t open ports.

Sad, so it is not possible, is it ?

VPN itself might be possible by using Tailscale, but running an cellular router as “main” hub isn’t possible, no.