GL-AR300M16 Unsuccessful Uboot

Hi everyone, need some urgent help for my GL-AR300M16. I was trying to update my router’s firmware and accidentally uploaded the firmware for GL-AR300M instead (The box states the model as GL-AR300M but the label on the router states GL-AR300M16).

I’ve followed the Uboot instructions and everything goes well until after uploading the firmware. The router shows 2 green lights for power and configurable, but the red wireless light never switches on and I can’t find the SSID or connect through LAN. So that means I can’t access the web admin panel at all as well.

I’ve tried the Uboot process on different browsers (firefox, safari, chrome) and on different OS (mac, windows) but to no avail.

I have also looked through the forum and tried all methods posted but nothing works so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Are you able to access the uboot interface?
Are you able to upload firmware for AR300M16?

Hi, yes I am able to access the uboot interface and upload the firmware. I’m not sure what the issue was, but after trying it on another mac, I was able to successfully upload the firmware and it is working now. Thank you!

Our experience shows that the ethernet compatibility should be an issue for uboot.
Glad you find a way.

1 Like