GL-AR750S delivered!

Yup, will fix next release.

#3 - I finally got it so it says “Success” but then nothing happens - it doesn’t keep the AzireVPN defined, the only thing I see in Wireguard Client after adding a profile is “Add new Profiles”, as though it is not actually saving the profile despite the claim of success. I will PM you my user/pword for AzireVPN just in case it helps.

#2 - I’ll look into doing this tomorrow, lot of things going on tonight.

@danull

I have confirmed that there is a buggy that password with special characters. We have fixed it. Pls reinstall gl-wg ipk. Going to webui → APPLICATIONS → Plug-ins, search gl-wg, click uninstall button and then click on update button which is located in right top. Finally install gl-wg again.

Hi ,
Sorry OP but I will post in this thread as it is about AR750s.
I one of the happy ones to get my router on Friday but only today I had time to play with it.
I love the new UI and for sure it is a nice lovely toy for my future trips.
For now, Uploading the OpenVpn profiles from PureVPN seems to not work so smooth. I have tried to upload the .zip package as it comes from PureVpn ,on the old UI on a AR300M it works without issues so I do presume it must be something with the archive processing step.
Screen shot attached at the end of the upload process.
It is not bothering me as of now but I wanted to put it out as a problem that needs a solution :slight_smile: .

L.E.: I have tried now to upload manually the configs ( one by one) and the same thing seems to happen.
Anyone experiencing the same?

@lostdog - IMHO , ExpressVPN and PureVPN seem to have a great service from Taiwan ( You are located in Taiwan and try to use a VPN server outside Taiwan.) I live part of the time in Taiwan so I thought I will give you a heads up :slight_smile: .

@misujr - I’m actually in the United States but travel to Asia regularly for business. I’ll be in Taiwan next month for a semiconductor conference then may stop in Shanghai on my way back to the states. I use these routers to connect back to a VPN server at my home.

So far I’ve connected to both OpenVPN and Shadowsocks with no issue… Great little router!!!

@misujr

Only .ovpn files are supported in the UI.

Follow this guide on how to merge the ca, cert and key files into the ovpn file:

If you open your cert file and you see blocks like this:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----

Then you can ignore the part of converting in the guide linked, just paste those blocks.

Your config should look like this:

Blame your provider for not using the latest method of creating config files :stuck_out_tongue:

@misujr Could you unzip the archive manually? Does it only Includes .vpn files or .vpn with certificate file? BTW, can’t put the .vpn files in subdirectory.

@lostdog thanks for the pictures. Are the antennas removable?

Nope, but they fold down flat against the side when you don’t need them. Very low profile and a good design!

Yep although there are several bugs in v3 (I am happy to say dev team is tackling very fast for me), I must say Slate feels very high quality and the new AR750S has already replaced my ar300m by a long shot. I had openvpn connectivity issues I no longer see on v3 beta.

Thanks a lot. We really appreciate your kind and reviews. We will continue to focus on stability and availability.

Hi, there is a problem in 3.0UI. When your zip file contains a folder the opvn files will not be detected.

So, put your ovpn files and cert files in the root folder and zip them. Then upload

This doesn’t work
files.zip —> config/*.ovpn

This works
files.zip —> *.ovpn

1 Like

I’m curious about the shipping method between the two batches of orders … I got in on the 2nd wave, but it sure seems like the first-wave people needed to wait a lot less time for end-to-end shipping than us 2nd-wavers; I got a notification mine was shipped on Aug 7th (ordered on July 19th) and my device just got to the US from China, VIA Germany (kinda funny as I live in Cali), so far two weeks and counting in transit.

How long did it take for shipping (vs. actual order fulfillment) for the first-wave folks?

It’d be nice to have my Slate before I leave on a trip next Monday :slight_smile:

It depends if you choose express shipping or standard shipping.

Actually, 1st and 2nd waves were produced at the same time. But 3rd wave needs more time to produce because of the increase in quantity. We expect that the buyers from the first two waves will give us feedback to update the future firmware, e.g. Fixing language grammar.

Still waiting on my 2nd-wave unit to arrive … if you guys would have slipped it into a bottle and set it adrift in the Pacific I’ll bet it would have been here by now :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion. But I think I need to provide this to the logistics company and he can save a huge cost.

Received this one 3 days ago and it’s amazing. I already have the regular 750, but man those antennas and that color turned me on that much!
Anyway, I traveled with it yesterday and everything worked pretty well at two airports. I used it with OpenVPN and Wireguard, both from Mullvad and also a personal VPN server.

First off, kudos to you for the great interface and Wireguard support. It is just what GL Inet needed most! I have 4 of your mobile routers and saw a lot, but this is perfect.

Also the really really positive things I noticed:

• When you use it with a HiLink LTE stick (aka ethernet) and use tethering it will recognise an IP conflict. By default the routers IP is 192.168.8.1, which is the same that the LTE modem would use by default. The new interface offers to change the ip range of the router in that context. It’s very well thought through

However there are a few buggy things I observed as well:

• When using the the button toggle with Wireguard you cannot change the server. This is not ideal, because when I use the brilliant automated mode for Mullvad Wireguard it will automatically use the “AU1” location. To use the button in a way it makes sense I had to remove all configurations and just add the one I wanted first.
  • The mobile page breaks a bit with longer wifi names → https://i.imgur.com/6tbC8vk.png by the way, I shared this paid inflight for free. Great stuff! :smiley:

I did have more, but already forgot it. Is there a place like Github, where I could file bugs, that I observe? I feel this place is not very efficient for this kind of feedback.

Cheers

I’m heading to Taiwan on Sunday so I’m looking forward to giving this the first big test. I’ve got OpenVPN, Wireguard, and Shadowsocks servers set up at home in the US so I’ll be able to put them all through comparisons.

Got it last night (Aug 30th). Set it up, upgraded it (3.002) and using it this morning- so far, so good. I have another upcoming hotel stay next week so will give it the big test then.

Really like the 3.0 UI, too! I’ll have to try out the Wireguard server I’ve got on my home NUC with it once travel dies down a bit.