GL-AR750S-Ext VPN Policies work but kill internet

I’ve read some post here mentioning the new firmware is about to be released within weeks. That could be the reason there was no firmware in those link.

Thanks. Will keep an eye out.

Has this been fixed in any of the recently released betas or final release?
Applying a policy that excludes certain macs from VPN usage just kills (extremely slows down) internet on these devices. Tested that with the final 3.105 and 3.105_beta2 with AGH.

3.105 has resolved this issue. Do you still have the same issue with the latest release?

Yes, I mentioned the exact scenario and builds I tried.
To go further in details, I’m using Wireguard with Mullvad and the kill switch is enabled.

If killswitch does not enable, does the same problem exist?
Can you provide a screenshot of your configuration? I’m going to simulate the test.

The problem still exists even with the kill switch disabled.
Which config page would you like a screenshot of?

VPN policy config page.

Tried it also with disabled “Use VPN for all processes on the route” and it didn’t work.
The behavior is a bit weird. Per page load I get few KBs transmitted but not all. For example, if I trigger a speedtest.net: ping passes, 1st speed figure appears then halts for a while and finally fails. And this is pretty repeatable as long as the VPN policy is enabled.

I tried every combination of vpn policy as well and just assumed it was still broken because nothing would make it work.

Any updates on this??

Seems this is related to the vpn service. Which one exactly you are using?

Wireguard on mullvad

Any updates on this?

I can confirm that this issue is also present on Firmware 3.105 when using Mullvad with OpenVPN and Domain/IP “Do Not Use VPN” rule. The “openwrt-gl-ar750s-fix-policy” firmware still works correctly.

vpn policies seem to work with proton vpn and open vpn for me for now on 3.105.

however, mullvad does not seem to work in conjunction with vpn policies (wireguard) still.

Mullvad need the router to set up correct mtu to work. MTU is modified in 3.105 if there is any difference.

We will do extensive testing on this.

My trails on 3.104 was using a self set MTU.
In 3.105 was using the preset MTU.
In both cases didn’t work for me. All using Mullvad & Wireguard

the “fix-policy” firmware was based on v3.104, right?
where can i get it?

1 Like

This is an email from their support…
"We will try to find out the old policy fix firmware and put it online.

Really have no idea because each time it works in my side."