GL-AR750s is the best GL iNet Router EVER

I bought the Beryl AX but in the end I always end up using the “old slate”. It’s smaller, lighter, has 3 indicator LEDs, micro SD, consumes less power, supports EAP… Not so important, but the shipping packaging is much better too, besides the color of the router I like better. The whole build looks more premium.

Of course, the Beryl AX has USB-C and Wifi 6, but in the end it doesn’t make much difference when using it on trips where the hotel internet is not so fast.

I would really like a router with WIfi 6 and USB-c the size of the old slate, because portability makes a lot of difference. Just getting it off my chest.

2 Likes

They all support EAP if you know what conf to edit.

The Certa is smaller, lighter than the Slate. Why don’t you downgrade to that? /s

Yeh they are hard to come by too. I wanted one also, but ended up going for a PoE creta. There is no smaller and capable package, especially after extrooting it!

Yeah, IDK if I’d personally agree: I value the massive difference in WireGuard VPN performance over the Slate v the Slate AX… but my long term use case makes the Slate AX my primary router, regardless. “The right tool for the job” & all that. YMMV.

Have a good one.

The old slate is really awesome, it can even support adguard flawless