Gl-ax1800

Hi, i have owned this router for a few months now, and i keep getting disconnection issues. Im using wireguard VPN and DNS crypt. but they dont appear to be the problem. When i goto the logs i get lines of this error.

kern.warn kernel: [444632.768492] nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet

The router lite will be flashing, and i have to reboot it to get it working again. I have reset it several times. updated it without saving settings. so its on the latest firmware.
thanks.

Thank you for your feedback.

You can edit /etc/sysctl.conf:
net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_max=65536
then restart router.

Does your scene require a lot of concurrent network links?

I think when i torrent that must make more connections. ill see if i can edit this file thanks

Ok i have made the changes, for anyone else who needs to do this on linux for the first time.
I downloaded putty

Entered the router IP, then entered username and password and connected with the terminal
I was now at the root.
i typed in cd /etc and enter
then typed
vi sysctl.conf and enter

this opens the file in the terminal,

I then pressed i so i could edit it and went to the value using the up and down keys.

Then while in edit mode i went to the line net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_max=65536 and changed it to that value.

Then I pressed escape.
Then typed :wq! and enter

that saved it. then i quit and rebooted the router.

1 Like

This has resolved the issue. Thank you!

If you know winscp it could be much easier

1 Like

In SSH:

echo β€œnet.netfilter.nf_conntrack_max=65536” >>/etc/sysctl.conf

Is there a contest for what is the easiest? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hah, yea i imagine a lot of people will need to do this as torrenting is common. whatever the best way is write it here to help everyone else.

-perhaps the firmware should be updated to have the higher connection count?