GL-AXT1800 can´t find 5Ghz(?) Hotspot

Hey hey!
About a week ago, I came across GL-iNet routers when looking for a solution to build a home network while living off of an iPhone hotspot. So I checked and read a lot of topics here in the forum.

I ordered the GL-SFT1200 Opal and it worked like a charm, repeating the wifi hotspot. A few days in, the router started to randomly freeze. I didn´t care that much because I had already ordered the GL-AXT1800 Slate AX, for reasons and sent back the Opal.

So here’s the funny thing: On the Iphone, I directed to the hotspot settings, activated it and…the router couldn’t find it. I checked on other devices and it appeared (But it’s 2.4 Ghz).
So I toggled “Maximize Compatibility” to on, which actually should switch the hotspot from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz. On other devices it remains as 2.4Ghz and the router successfully finds and connects.

Maybe it’s the iPhone 12 mini, even though it should support 5Ghz hotspot (otherwise the option button wouldnt make any sense) but still - both possibilities are 2.4Ghz but yea… I’m confused.

The Slate AX came with the latest Version 4.1.0
iphone 12 mini is running the latest iOS 16.3.1, already resetted network settings.

Is anybody facing the same issues or maybe have some ideas how to solve them? Sadly I’m not that advanced with network stuff…

1 Like

You can try to modify the WIFI working channel and bandwidth.