GL-AXT1800 keeps crashing

Hi Support,

Couple of days ago my GL-AXT1800 started crashing. It happens quite often, 2-3 times in a hour.
I didn’t change the settings.
The router is in ethernet mode (using as WAN)
I’m using vpn, I’ve tried both wireguard and openvpn (the crashing continues)
I’m using version 4.1.0.

Attaching the logs of latest crash.
Hope for some help
logread 2.zip (33.9 KB)

1 Like

Please refer to

Thanks for the reply. I’m using 80mhz (which is default for my router) so I don’t think it is the same issue.
The router used to work stable for the last months, the issue Im facing happened more or less a week ago.

There are wifi crash logs. If you do not use repeater (disable repeater, remove saved ssids), will it crash?

I’m using wifi, but not as a repeater (it’s disabled)

I connected GL-AXT1800 to another router through LAN, and using WIFI to connect my devices to GL-AXT1800.

Seeing that 4.1 firmware uses unstable ddwrt, maybe worth trying beta 4.2. My Slate plus web interface did not work properly on 4.1.

Downside of beta is that if you have to go back to a previous version, best not to try to save settings.

Using plugin hotel internet and ovpn client to home router. No issues on 4.2 beta.

Thats a huge change Gl-Inet products are know using DD-wrt instead of Openwrt. Wow wish somebody had mentioned that I have been trying to update packages for years.(satire)

bluey please stop confusing people!!! Not the first time you have made this error.

Sorry. My mistake. Openwrt it is.

The issue of contention remains that a “stable” version of gl-inet firmware contains a “snapshot” version of openwrt rather than a known stable version.

The result may be less stable firmware than implied by the “stable” label.

1 Like

If I remember correctly the Processor has only been recently supported on the table of hardware in openwrt and driver support is not open source needs to come from the manufacturer. GL.iNet needed to create everything from scratch which is why their is no vanilla openwrt for it

If non-standard code is required, a stable solution might apply a patch to a stable code base.

1 Like

Hi I wonder if anyone can help.

My Slate keeps rebooting/crashing randomly, sometimes close together, other times a few hours apart.

I’m running firmware version 4.4.5 release 1 (which is the most up-to-date I believe), not sure what’s causing these at the moment.

I do work from home and use VPN clients on my PC, my son uses the router when playing on his XBox and never reports a problem, so maybe to do with my VPN but I’m unsure.

I will attach the last crash log, I have no idea how to read/understand it.

Thanks in advance.
logread.zip (22.1 KB)

Wonder if I’m answering my own question here, but just spotted this in the logs:

Thu Sep 14 10:53:23 2023 user.notice AdGuardHome[5615]: 2023/09/14 09:53:23.960667 [error] handling tcp: handling tcp request: talking to dns upstream: all upstreams failed to exchange request: 2 errors: “dial udp 8.8.8.8:53: connect: network is unreachable”, “dial udp 9.9.9.9:53: connect: network is unreachable”
Thu Sep 14 10:53:25 2023 daemon.notice netifd: wwan (8304): udhcpc: sending discover
Thu Sep 14 10:53:26 2023 daemon.notice netifd: wwan (8304): udhcpc: sending select for 192.168.0.141
Thu Sep 14 10:53:26 2023 daemon.notice netifd: wwan (8304): udhcpc: lease of 192.168.0.141 obtained, lease time 86400
Thu Sep 14 10:53:26 2023 daemon.info avahi-daemon[3894]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface wlan-sta0.IPv4 with address 192.168.0.141.
Thu Sep 14 10:53:26 2023 daemon.info avahi-daemon[3894]: New relevant interface wlan-sta0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Thu Sep 14 10:53:26 2023 daemon.info avahi-daemon[3894]: Registering new address record for 192.168.0.141 on wlan-sta0.IPv4.
Thu Sep 14 10:53:26 2023 daemon.notice netifd: Interface ‘wwan’ is now up

The first line regarding ‘AdGuardHome’, could that be the reason, should I disable ‘AdGuard Home’ and see if that helps?

Thanks

Well it wasn’t that, I disabled ‘AdGuard Home’, and it’s just rebooted again.

New logs attached.

Thanks
logread.zip (21.6 KB)

The log shows that repeater is broken and reconnected. This may not relate to AdguardHome.

Can you try this method?

Seems you met the situation of wifi crash.

Hi Alzhao

I’ve read that, I’m not sure what you want me to do, are you saying I should downgrade the router to a previous firmware, or, update the bandwidth to 160Mhz?

I’ve logged on to my router to check some details, it’s in ‘Repeater’ mode, and the bandwidth is set to 80Mhz and can’t be updated.

Thanks for your help so far, please advise.

I’m also using the 5Ghz network, I could change it to the 2.4Ghz if you feel that would be more stable?

I also have admin access to the main router (Sky), and can update the channel/frequency.

Thanks

Yes you can change to 2.4G

If you click the post I gave you, you will find the commands. You need to run those commands in ssh terminal of the router.

Hi Alzhao

Thanks for your reply, my problem is slightly different I think, the post you shared with me relates to someone operating on 160Mhz, whereas I’m on 80Mhz, so I don’t feel it’s quite the same.

I will try though switching to the 2.4Ghz network to see if that improves the situation.

Unless you can advise anything else?

Thanks

It is worth a try. Does not hurt.