GL-AXT1800 not listing interface of Simcom 8200EA-M2

I am still new to this system and have been trying to fumble through getting this adapter to work in QMI mode. Switching the device to NDIS mode works but makes it impossible to view any dat about the device when we are connected. I am trying to get this setup in QMI mode to allow me to see data of the device while connected.

The device does not show as /dev/cdc-wdm0 within the UI, but it is present within the os via ssh. I can get info from the device’s AT port on ttyUSB2 as we should but the UI only shows the modem as incompatible and unknown. I have tried setting this up manually but nothing seems to get the UI to show the cell modem as connected or bring up thew wwan interface.

I have this adapter connected via a m.2 to usb converter, all this works in NDIS mode it is only non-functional in QMI mode.

Details from the Simcom adapter.

Welcome to minicom 2.7.1

OPTIONS:
Port /dev/ttyUSB2

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

AT+SIMCOMATI
Manufacturer: SIMCOM INCORPORATED
Model: SIMCOM_SIM8200EA-M2
Revision: LE13B02SIM8200M44A-M2
SIM8200M44A-M2_B02V04_210826
QCN:
IMEI: <REDACTED>
MEID:
+GCAP: +CGSM
DeviceInfo: 44,172

OK

Devices present on the OS

root@GL-AXT1800:~# ls /dev/ttyUSB*
/dev/ttyUSB0  /dev/ttyUSB1  /dev/ttyUSB2  /dev/ttyUSB3  /dev/ttyUSB4
root@GL-AXT1800:~# ls /dev/cdc*
/dev/cdc-wdm0

It seems there is very little about using simcom on this forum. There is a lot about using the older versions for openwrt, but this guide does not seem to make anything work any better either.

Bump. Anyone have any ideas?

It’s true that very few users use simcom. In my experience, simcom should use the NCM protocol, which you can configure in luci. It seems that some special AT instructions need to be executed before a simcom modem can connect to the Internet. Here is the code snippet in NCM that makes the connection

"simcom": {
		"initialize": [
			"AT+CFUN=1"
		],
		"connect": "AT\\$QCRMCALL=1,1,,,,,${apn:+\\\"$apn\\\"},${username:+\\\"$username\\\"},${password:+\\\"$password\\\"},${auth:-0}",
		"disconnect": "AT\\$QCRMCALL=0,1"
	},