GL-AXT1800 (SlateAX)

I found a Tethering application that you can use on your Android Phone to run this router at high mbp speeds. I would say that it’s similar to Easy Tether, but with this application there’s no need to install a driver on the router to detect your Android phone. The application can be purchased on the Google Play Store, it’s called {VPN Hotspot by my God Studio} Your Android phone must be rooted. I know this may sound like something outdated but you can get an Android phone rooted. I’m using a Samsung S9+ just for this purpose. Samsung allows you to root some of their phones by paying a token to unlock the bootloader. Once the bootloader on your phone is unlocked you will be able to root your phone. There are different methods, you can actually go online to figure out what method will be for your particular phone. It works great, but if your phone is not rooted the application will not work.

1 Like

Would you happen to know which would be the correct EasyTether driver for the GliNet GL-MT2500A?

Edit: sorry, it’s armv7, but it won’t work (have tried when you asked previously). The chip is actually aarch64, but the firmware is compiled as armv7. The cortex-a15 build is probably the one to look for, but again, I fooled with it for a while and wasn’t successful.

Ok, thanks. I’ll take a look at it.

Would you also happen to know if theres going to be w easytether drive that can be used on the up & coming GL-MT3000? If I can see the status system page on the root page that would let me know. Would you happen to have a picture of the status system page, where the Target Platform ipq numbers are at? It will look like this page you going to have to go into luci, advanced in order to see this page.

It will be the same as the Brume 2, so basically MT7981 with an aarch64 build.

Ok, no screen shot of the Target Platform ipq?

ipqxxxx is a series of chips produced by Qualcomm. The MT3000 has a MT7981 chip produced by Mediatek. The target platform will say something like MT7981/generic, or Filogic 820/generic.

Ok, got it. So, is there gonna be an easytether driver thats going to work on this unit, & if so, exactly which one will it be? Was there ever a successful easy tether driver installed on the GL-MT2500 that work properly. I once had to flash a different rom on a router in order to work with an easytether driver. I think that was the Lynksys WRT1900ac router. Has there ever been a OpenWRT rom for a GL-iNet router?

There are several which have vanilla OpenWrt, yes. The Slate Plus being the most recent.

You might be able to get the generic aarch64 driver to work, but certainly no promises. Closed source drivers that haven’t been updated in years (i.e. opentether) are unlikely to ever work on current or future hardware from any manufacturer unless the developers choose to issue new releases or open source the code. I’d start looking elsewhere.

Just got the early order of the GL-MT3000. I developed a quick way of going through multiple EasyTether drivers to find out if any driver would work on this router, & I found one that works flawlessly. Download EasyTether Driver OpenWrt 19.07.3+ Once you extract the zip file you’re going to want to look for the mediatek folder. Open this folder & use the folder that says mt7622. You have to know how to install the driver, & everything else in order for it to work. Wifi 6 also works on this router when using the EasyTether application…

Just got the early order of the GL-MT3000. I developed a quick way of going through multiple EasyTether drivers to find out if any driver would work on this router, & I found one that works flawlessly. Download EasyTether Driver OpenWrt 19.07.3+ Once you extract the zip file you’re going to want to look for the mediatek folder. Open this folder & use the folder that says mt7622. You have to know how to install the driver, & everything else in order for it to work. Wifi 6 also works on this router when using the EasyTether application.:sunglasses:

Hello Friend, would you happen to have a screenshot yet of the Status System of the GL-X3000? When will this router be available?