GL-AXT1800 - Tailscale - Remote Subnet Routing Fails

Versions:

• Openwrt Version - OpenWrt 21.02-SNAPSHOT r16399+159-c67509efd7
  • Kernel Version - 4.4.60
  • Admin Panel - v4.2.1
  • Tailscale - 1.12.3-1

Background:
I’m on the LAN side of the GL-AXT1800 (192.168.150.0/24). Tailscale is installed, running and correctly registered with my tailnet. I have a network subnet advertised from another node on the tailnet (192.168.8.0/22) which I want to route to. This is something I can do with other tailscale clients. The traffic is being dropped. If I logon to Luci, I can see routes for tailscale0 device only covering the tailnet IP ranges (100.88.48.15 for example), it does not include advertised routes on the tailnet.

Question:
How can I fix this? Or is this a bug waiting for a patch?

Can you share more details about the setup? Such as your firewall Settings and routing Settings

The unit is brand new; the only change I have made is changing the LAN range (the defaults conflict with a network I use), as well as adding the Tailscale support through the Glinet App Library. Everything else is as configured by the device, I’ve not added any static routes or custom firewall entries.

Should I add them?

it’s because there is no way to specify --accept-routes=true option in firmware.
I’ve given up on ts on my slateax.

2 Likes

tailscale causes the admin page of the router to become inaccessible after adding this option, which we are working on fixing

1 Like

@luochongjun - thank you.

(1) --accept-routes=true … is this a CLI call I need to make? If this is the short term fix, I can live with the GUI being unavailable, as long as the routes are up.

(2) I have bought this device specifically for tailscale support. I appreciate bugs take time to fix. But are you looking to release a beta/prod fix in the next weeks, months … or later this year? (I’m travelling a lot at the moment)

(3) Is there a way to subscribe to get software update notifications?

Thanks

1 Like

@luochongjun sorry to push. But can you help with my questions above?

We’ll fix this as soon as possible.
For now, try adding the argument to line 73 of /usr/bin/gl_tailscale yourself, for example:

Man!! I went through this exact thing and each time had to de-brick my device. Thought I was doing something wrong.

@luochongjun will you post here when this is fixed or can we follow an issue tracker somewhere?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Just checking in @luochongjun … I saw the recent firmware update - but there is no Tailscale fix. Any updates on a timeline???

Hello there,
I was wondering if this rooting issue had been addressed for working “out of the box”.
I am running 4.5.0 on a brand new GL-A1300.
I can ping the subnet from the device itself, but not from the connected clients.
Cheers.

@luochongjun …. any news on —accept-routes Tailscale parameter support for clients on the LAN side of the GliNet router? It’s still failing for me.