GL-E750 Version 4.3.8 IPv6

Hi,

the new version (I did a factory reset to avoid conflicts with old configuration data) does not work with IPv6 properly.

“Native” and " Passthrough" don’t work at all.

The mode “NAT6” mode works, but that is not the expected behavior. Even the default local addresses are not RFC compliant. (something with dd instead of something out of fd00::/8 )

The old 3.217 was able to run in dualstack mode with (real/public) IPv6 addresses and the natted ipv4 address.

Any chance to have working IPv6 again?

Thomas

PS: the test was made with standard apn of Deutsche Telekom internet.telekom, later on I may also check o2 or vodafone.

Native mode requires an ipv6 prefix issued by the operator, which obviously yours does not support.
Passthrough mode works, but it’s missing a patch,
If you don’t mind, I can make a beta version for you

Thank you for the answer.
Every smart phone (and some of the 3.x versions) supports IPv6, even it is provided just a single /64. That is unfortunately standard (3ggp release 8) for the most mobile operators in Europe (fr, de) and US.
I would test beta versions, if it helps. I have SIMs by three German mobile ISPs, all with IPv6, one even without ipv4. ( support of 464xlat out of the box would also be nice).

Can you send me your email number? The firmware will be sent to you via email

tschaefer@t-online.de

Sent, please check your email

passthrough works now. I have had some stability trouble, but in the end all three ISP worked in dualstack mode.
I did not test ipv6-only mode yet.