GL-iNet AX1800 OpenWrt firmware

strange I tested it with mullvad but it only uses the mullvad dns if you set it to automatic inside the dns settings, did your wireguard configuration specify a dns entry?

Yes…BUT…The good news is this morning…Wireguard is working correctly…No more CLOUDFLARE Servers…
Now the only thing not working that I’ve discovered is the OOMA Telo VOIP Device…It indicates online on the Device but calls will not go through…This may be the SIP ALG issue that I have not been able to disable yet because I did not see a setting for it in either the UI Panel or in LUCI…From other posts in the past it looks like I need to SSH and remove some entries…Do you know what entries on the FLINT router needs to be removed in order to disable the SIP ALG (Assuming that is the problem)…

sadly I have no experience for disabling sip alg but I did some digging and saw two links to openwrt:

from what I think is that you have to either uninstall those packages or change the configuration.

so:

1. for ssh, just install putty and then connect to your routers ip with it to port 22.

2. you use the cd command to navigate and ls to view the folders and files around you, cd .. means a directory back etcetera.

3. to edit a file you can use vi with vi filename and then you press the insert key to write, esc to go out of the mode and :wq to save and :q to quit, optionally you can also install nano with opkg install nano and opkg update its easier to use.

maybe @wcs2228 can help??

I think SIP ALG is part of the kmod-nf-nathelper-extra package, which is installed by default in Firmware 3. I checked and it is not installed on my GL-AXT1800 with Firmware 4.0.

You can check on your GL-AX1800, which is similar, but if not installed, the problem may not be with SIP ALG.

@alzhao may know more about this.

Yes this module is not installed.

So when met problems related to SIP, may just install this packages.

Some IP phones need this to be installed to work. Some need this to be uninstalled to work. No idea why but it works like this.

Right everyone, Some really good news for you all.

OpenWRT is now on the Flint and Slate AX.

However it is also alpha stage it’s not even in snapshot builds yet.

So head over to : Index of /snapshots/r21565/targets/ipq60xx/generic

Download and test.

Wolfssl performance is sub par openssl however in aes-256-cbc on the other hand is good.

1 Like

What kernel are you using for this, and is it aarch64 or armv7?

Thanks!

Aarch64 kernel 5.15.83

Nice! Do you have a full repo to clone?

It’s a colab with someone on a private repo for now. So we can fix the bugs, however everything is hosted on that domain if you need kmods etc.

Unfortunate. I use cryptsetup in my application and I’m not sure it would work given the dependencies that are on that link. I may just wait until it’s available in code.

Thanks for your effort on this.

how long does it take to uboot the firmware? I guess I need to change static DHCP to automatic after uploading the firmware?

I have compiled everything as modules over 3GB+ plug the SDK and imagebuilder.

Understood. I find working with the image builder to be kind of a disaster if you’re not doing it on the computer it was built on. Maybe I’m dense, but I’ve never really gotten it to work when I’ve copied it from someone else. For example, my current error when trying yours (on a system that’s got a full and working OpenWrt build env on it):

Installing packages...
Unknown package 'libc'.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency libgcc1 for libc
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for libc found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libc.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:167: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:124: _call_image] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:242: image] Error 2

I think your 302 redirect may be messing with wget trying to get things? In any event, I’ll just wait until the code goes live.

Ok will look into that when I get home.

Can you try downloading it manually and then uploading it.

libc.ipk

1 Like

It shouldn’t take that long to flash via uboot, aren’t you the user that flashed ExpressVPN firmware onto the router? If so use serial and then issue httpd 192.168.1.1 then go to http://192.168.1.1/uboot.html flash the original uboot then after that flash GL-iNets stock firmware.

Building images for ipq60xx - Test C3PO
Packages: ath11k-firmware-ipq6018 base-files busybox ca-bundle dnsmasq dropbear firewall4 fstools kernel kmod-ath11k-ahb kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-leds-gpio kmod-nft-offload kmod-qca-nss-dp kmod-qca-nss-drv libc libgcc libustream-wolfssl logd mtd netifd nftables nss-firmware-ipq6018 odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only opkg ppp ppp-mod-pppoe procd procd-seccomp procd-ujail uboot-envtools uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed urngd wpad-basic-wolfssl

Package list missing or not up-to-date, generating it.

Building package index...
make[3]: *** [Makefile:141: package_index] Error 1
make[2]: *** [Makefile:149: package_reload] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Makefile:123: _call_image] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:242: image] Error 2

I do have an old repo with them file on it on git hub you can try and use them.

I’ll just wait until you update it with the new code, I guess. Again, thanks for the effort!

What dependencies do you need, as i can integrate them directly into the firmware

1 Like