GL-iNet AX1800 OpenWrt firmware

Firmware is less bloated however not beginner friendly.

1 Like

You will loose the GL UI and official support. If something goes wrong with the router then you would have to ask on the OpenWRT forum for help. GL only offers support for their firmware.

3 Likes

This is true. For someone who is a Windows pleb like me, it took some time to somewhat understand how to use OpenWRT. OpenWRT became a lot more accessible with their Luci GUI.

That said, “vanilla” OpenWRT also has advantages over the more user friendly GUI of GL-iNet’s implementation:
a wider variety of compatible software to use. I, for example, use OpenWRT’s implementation of dns-over-https (if that sounds foreign, that is okay), a package that is not available on GL-iNet’s software repository without using AdGuard; available add-on software is, generally speaking, more up-to-date. This means that OpenWRT’s implementation might have a version that is either more stable, has more advanced features and/or is more secure.
For ease of use though, GL-iNet’s interface is preferable for newcomers.

2 Likes

Basically TL;DR of it all is.

GL-iNet’s firmware comes with support and everything needed for a beginner to run a network safely with some packages available but no all of them, in some cases this also means a Version of OpenWRT be it stock or Qualcoms version being lower then currently out. It tends to be more stable.

OpenWRT Stock firmware comes with no support from GL-iNet but only OpenWRT’s forum, if its a snapshot it means its bleeding edge which can be buggy and unstable at times unless its a branch compile of say 19.07, 21.02 , 22.03 which even then can be unstable too with some bugs.

MY builds are based on snapshots aka the Master branch which is why one compile run will compile without issue and then the next one will simply fail or be missing wireless.

In an update way, i have managed to get it to compile again (For got to sync the bin directory before deleting the files), however give me chance to test the updated script. If this compiles (With everything) then the issue has been down to my script trying to use all cores at once which means i will add a -3 to the nproc part of the script, this will make it take longer to compile the firmware but should make it better overall.

1 Like

Great news!

Later this week the snapshot for firmware V4 will release, for the AX1800.

It will have new features, and run OpenWRT 21.02!!:tada:

3 Likes

Out now!

5 Likes

Some good changes in the BETA. Will keep my eye out for future releases when packages such as Smart Queue Management is working. For now I am keeping @solidus1983’s build.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words there, i am still compiling the firmware have been since last release trying to get the firmware to compile with working SQM and Wireless has been a PITA. But once its done everything should work proper without any needs of editing.

As for the Beta i have tested it today and noticed that unlike 3.x branch it allows me to use my custom firewall setup for DNS hijacking to the Pihole servers i run with unbound which i was happy about however there wasn’t any SQM at all, yes there was QoS but no SQM which is a shame.

Will update the thread once new build compiles and has been tested to work with wireless.
Then hopefully i can sleep more then 2 hours after.

1 Like

Right as the gl-intra repo has kernel 5.4 on it I will try to build one more Kernel 4.4 build before heading over to 5.4, At the same time i have streamlined the scripting a bit better too.
If you want to use Kernel 5.4 uncomment them lines and comment the lines above it and save before executing it.

#!/bin/bash
## Update and install required packages for Gl-Inet Intra Cross Compile ##

sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade -y 
sudo apt install -y build-essential ccache ecj fastjar file g++ gawk subversion swig time \
gettext git java-propose-classpath libelf-dev libncurses5-dev \
libncursesw5-dev libssl-dev unzip wget binutils bzip2 diffutils flex perl clang \
python3 python2.7-dev python3 python3-distutils python3-setuptools \
xsltproc zlib1g-dev sshpass dos2unix zip patch curl \
make diffutils gcc grep libc-dev libz-dev rsync docbook2x util-linux \
perl subversion gcc-multilib g++-multilib git-core ocaml sharutils re2c qemu-guest-agent \

## Unsetting SED ##
unset SED

## Clone Intra ##
git clone https://github.com/solidus1983/gl-infra-builder.git
cd ~/gl-infra-builder
#python3 setup.py -c config-wlan-ap.yml
python3 setup.py -c config-wlan-ap-5.4.yml  ## For Kernel 5.4

## Complete Intra Setup ##
cd ~/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt
#./scripts/gen_config.py target_wlan_ap-gl-ax1800 solidus1983
#./scripts/gen_config.py target_wlan_ap-gl-ax1800-5-4 solidus1983
./scripts/gen_config.py solidus1983

## Update packages ##
cd ~/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt
sed -i '/is not set/d' .config
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a
make defconfig

### Run Menuconfig to adjust things ##
./scripts/getver.sh > ~/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/version.info
cat ~/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/version.info
read -p "Edit the .config file and then press any key to continue... " -n1 -s
make menuconfig

## Compile ##
make -j$(($(nproc)+1)) V=sc download
make -j$(($(nproc)+1)) V=sc tools
make -j$(($(nproc)+1)) V=sc toolchain
make -i -j$(($(nproc)+1)) V=sc
#IGNORE_ERRORS=1 make -j$(($(nproc)+1)) V=sc  ## Force compile even with errors
#make -j1 V=sc ## Diaganostics
3 Likes

Fantastic news that the kernel has been moved to 5.4. Looking forward to future builds.

1 Like

Currently compiling a test build of kernel 5.4 to see if it posts. Will take 2-3 days as I am only using 1 CPU core as I am logging for errors.

I am also using the same items from my Linksys Builds too, but with QCA stuff instead of marvels stuff.

1 Like

Right now i can’t compile any firmware for the Flint as it simply errors out so going to call it a day for now until what ever was done to completely break compiles is fixed. I have spent way to much time on this and with the lack of sleep its time to give it a rest for the sake of my health.

3 Likes

Running a new compile session. Just did a compile for my Linksys on the same VM for openwrt without issues. So if it fails i now know its not the VM but what ever changes has been made.

I will test before uploading to mirror if and when it completes.

Update: Compile has failed again. Failing on kernel compile stuff.

Update 2: Did another clean OS install on VM and same issue, so going to have to wait on commits from gl-inet, i did notice that some stuff didn’t download during the make -j$(($(nproc)+1)) V=sc download part with a load of 404’s This of course is for the 5.4 Kernel so when i get chance will keep trying to compile Kernel 4.4 builds.

The error is always at

* Restart config...
* Multiple devices driver support (RAID and LVM)
Multiple devices driver support (RAID and LVM) (MD) [Y/n/?] y
  RAID support (BLK_DEV_MD) [M/y/?] m
    Linear (append) mode (MD_LINEAR) [M/n/?] m
    RAID-0 (striping) mode (MD_RAID0) [M/?] m
    RAID-1 (mirroring) mode (MD_RAID1) [M/?] m
    RAID-10 (mirrored striping) mode (MD_RAID10) [M/?] m
    RAID-4/RAID-5/RAID-6 mode (MD_RAID456) [M/?] m
    Multipath I/O support (MD_MULTIPATH) [M/n/?] m
    Faulty test module for MD (MD_FAULTY) [N/m/?] n
  Block device as cache (BCACHE) [N/m/y/?] n
  Device mapper support (BLK_DEV_DM) [M/n/?] m
    Device mapper debugging support (DM_DEBUG) [N/y/?] n
    Unstriped target (DM_UNSTRIPED) [N/m/?] n
    Crypt target support (DM_CRYPT) [M/n/?] m
    Crypt target support (DM_REQ_CRYPT) [N/m/?] (NEW) aborted!

Console input/output is redirected. Run 'make oldconfig' to update configuration.

make[7]: [scripts/kconfig/Makefile:73: syncconfig] Error 1 (ignored)
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=arch/arm/tools uapi
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=scripts/basic
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.asm-generic obj=arch/arm/include/generated/uapi/asm \
generic=include/uapi/asm-generic
rm -f .tmp_quiet_recordmcount
set -e; mkdir -p include/generated/uapi/linux/; trap "rm -f include/generated/uapi/linux/.version.h.tmp" EXIT; { 	if [  164 -gt 255 ]; then echo \#define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 328959; else echo \#define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 328868; fi; echo '#define KERNEL_VERSION(a,b,c) (((a) << 16) + ((b) << 8) + ((c) > 255 ? 255 : (c)))'; } > include/generated/uapi/linux/.version.h.tmp; if [ ! -r include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h ] || ! cmp -s include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h include/generated/uapi/linux/.version.h.tmp; then : '  UPD     include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h'; mv -f include/generated/uapi/linux/.version.h.tmp include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h; fi
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=scripts/dtc
set -e; mkdir -p include/config/; trap "rm -f include/config/.kernel.release.tmp" EXIT; { echo "5.4.164$(bash ./scripts/setlocalversion .)"; } > include/config/.kernel.release.tmp; if [ ! -r include/config/kernel.release ] || ! cmp -s include/config/kernel.release include/config/.kernel.release.tmp; then : '  UPD     include/config/kernel.release'; mv -f include/config/.kernel.release.tmp include/config/kernel.release; fi
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.asm-generic obj=arch/arm/include/generated/asm \
generic=include/asm-generic
rm -f include/linux/version.h
Error: kernelrelease not valid - run 'make prepare' to update it
  echo "#include <asm-generic/compat.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/compat.h
set -e; mkdir -p include/generated/; trap "rm -f include/generated/.utsrelease.h.tmp" EXIT; { 	if [ `echo -n "5.4.164" | wc -c ` -gt 64 ]; then echo '"5.4.164" exceeds 64 characters' >&2; exit 1; fi; echo \#define UTS_RELEASE \"5.4.164\"; } > include/generated/.utsrelease.h.tmp; if [ ! -r include/generated/utsrelease.h ] || ! cmp -s include/generated/utsrelease.h include/generated/.utsrelease.h.tmp; then : '  UPD     include/generated/utsrelease.h'; mv -f include/generated/.utsrelease.h.tmp include/generated/utsrelease.h; fi

echo "#include <asm-generic/current.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/current.h
The present kernel configuration has modules disabled.
  echo "#include <asm-generic/emergency-restart.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/emergency-restart.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/exec.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/exec.h
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=scripts
  echo "#include <asm-generic/early_ioremap.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/early_ioremap.h
Type 'make config' and enable loadable module support.
  echo "#include <asm-generic/extable.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/extable.h
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=arch/arm/boot/dts
  echo "#include <asm-generic/flat.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/flat.h
Then build a kernel with module support enabled.
  echo "#include <asm-generic/irq_regs.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/irq_regs.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/kdebug.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/kdebug.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/local.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/local.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/local64.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/local64.h

make[5]: [Makefile:1389: modules] Error 1 (ignored)
  echo "#include <asm-generic/mmiowb.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/mmiowb.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/msi.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/msi.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/parport.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/parport.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/mm-arch-hooks.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/mm-arch-hooks.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/preempt.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/preempt.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/seccomp.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/seccomp.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/serial.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/serial.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/trace_clock.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/trace_clock.h
  echo "#include <asm-generic/simd.h>" > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/simd.h
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=arch/arm/tools kapi
  bash './arch/arm/tools/syscallnr.sh' 'arch/arm/tools/syscall.tbl' 'arch/arm/include/generated/asm/unistd-nr.h' ''
  mkdir -p arch/arm/include/generated/asm/ && awk -f arch/arm/tools/gen-mach-types arch/arm/tools/mach-types > arch/arm/include/generated/asm/mach-types.h
  bash './arch/arm/tools/syscalltbl.sh' 'arch/arm/tools/syscall.tbl' 'arch/arm/include/generated/calls-oabi.S' 'common,oabi'
  bash './arch/arm/tools/syscalltbl.sh' 'arch/arm/tools/syscall.tbl' 'arch/arm/include/generated/calls-eabi.S' 'common,eabi'
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=scripts/mod
  gcc -Wp,-MD,scripts/mod/.mk_elfconfig.d -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -std=gnu89  -O2 -I/home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/host/include  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes   -I/home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/host/include    -o scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig.c -L/home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/host/lib 
  ccache_cc -Wp,-MD,scripts/mod/.devicetable-offsets.s.d -nostdinc -isystem /home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a7_gcc-7.5.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/7.5.0/include -I./arch/arm/include -I./arch/arm/include/generated -I./include -I./arch/arm/include/uapi -I./arch/arm/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -mlittle-endian -Wall -Wundef -Werror=strict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -fno-PIE -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=return-type -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -Werror -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm -mno-unaligned-access -fno-ipa-sra -mabi=apcs-gnu -mno-thumb-interwork -marm -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -msoft-float -Uarm -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fomit-frame-pointer -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wvla -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"devicetable_offsets"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"devicetable_offsets"'  -fverbose-asm -S -o scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.c
  ccache_cc -Wp,-MD,scripts/mod/.empty.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a7_gcc-7.5.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/7.5.0/include -I./arch/arm/include -I./arch/arm/include/generated  -I./include -I./arch/arm/include/uapi -I./arch/arm/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -mlittle-endian -Wall -Wundef -Werror=strict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -fno-PIE -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=return-type -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -Werror -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm -mno-unaligned-access -fno-ipa-sra -mabi=apcs-gnu -mno-thumb-interwork -marm -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -msoft-float -Uarm -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-var-tracking-assignments -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wvla -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init    -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"empty"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"empty"' -c -o scripts/mod/empty.o scripts/mod/empty.c
In file included from <command-line>:0:0:
././include/linux/kconfig.h:5:10: fatal error: generated/autoconf.h: No such file or directory
 #include <generated/autoconf.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[6]: [scripts/Makefile.build:99: scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s] Error 1 (ignored)
set -e; mkdir -p scripts/mod/; trap "rm -f scripts/mod/.devicetable-offsets.h.tmp" EXIT; { 	 echo "#ifndef __DEVICETABLE_OFFSETS_H__"; echo "#define __DEVICETABLE_OFFSETS_H__"; echo "/*"; echo " * DO NOT MODIFY."; echo " *"; echo " * This file was generated by Kbuild"; echo " */"; echo ""; sed -ne 	's:^[[:space:]]*\.ascii[[:space:]]*"\(.*\)".*:\1:; /^->/{s:->#\(.*\):/* \1 */:; s:^->\([^ ]*\) [\$#]*\([^ ]*\) \(.*\):#define \1 \2 /* \3 */:; s:->::; p;}' < scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s; echo ""; echo "#endif"; } > scripts/mod/.devicetable-offsets.h.tmp; if [ ! -r scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.h ] || ! cmp -s scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.h scripts/mod/.devicetable-offsets.h.tmp; then : '  UPD     scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.h'; mv -f scripts/mod/.devicetable-offsets.h.tmp scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.h; fi
/bin/sh: 1: cannot open scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s: No such file
make[6]: [scripts/mod/Makefile:12: scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.h] Error 2 (ignored)
././include/linux/kconfig.h:5:10: fatal error: generated/autoconf.h: No such file or directory
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[6]: [scripts/Makefile.build:297: scripts/mod/empty.o] Error 1 (ignored)
  scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig < scripts/mod/empty.o > scripts/mod/elfconfig.h
/bin/sh: 1: cannot open scripts/mod/empty.o: No such file
make[6]: [scripts/mod/Makefile:25: scripts/mod/elfconfig.h] Error 2 (ignored)
  gcc -Wp,-MD,scripts/mod/.modpost.o.d -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -std=gnu89  -O2 -I/home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/host/include  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes   -I/home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/host/include  -c -o scripts/mod/modpost.o scripts/mod/modpost.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,scripts/mod/.sumversion.o.d -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -std=gnu89  -O2 -I/home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/host/include  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes   -I/home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/host/include  -c -o scripts/mod/sumversion.o scripts/mod/sumversion.c
  gcc -Wp,-MD,scripts/mod/.file2alias.o.d -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -std=gnu89  -O2 -I/home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/host/include  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes   -I/home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/host/include  -c -o scripts/mod/file2alias.o scripts/mod/file2alias.c
In file included from scripts/mod/modpost.c:21:
scripts/mod/modpost.h:17:10: fatal error: elfconfig.h: No such file or directory
   17 | #include "elfconfig.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[6]: [scripts/Makefile.host:124: scripts/mod/modpost.o] Error 1 (ignored)
In file included from scripts/mod/file2alias.c:13:
scripts/mod/modpost.h:17:10: fatal error: elfconfig.h: No such file or directory
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[6]: [scripts/Makefile.host:124: scripts/mod/file2alias.o] Error 1 (ignored)
In file included from scripts/mod/sumversion.c:11:
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[6]: [scripts/Makefile.host:124: scripts/mod/sumversion.o] Error 1 (ignored)
  gcc   -o scripts/mod/modpost scripts/mod/modpost.o scripts/mod/file2alias.o scripts/mod/sumversion.o -L/home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/host/lib 
gcc: error: scripts/mod/modpost.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: scripts/mod/file2alias.o: No such file or directory
gcc: error: scripts/mod/sumversion.o: No such file or directory
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
make[6]: [scripts/Makefile.host:116: scripts/mod/modpost] Error 1 (ignored)
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=.
  ccache_cc -Wp,-MD,kernel/.bounds.s.d -nostdinc -isystem /home/openwrt/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a7_gcc-7.5.0_musl_eabi/lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/7.5.0/include -I./arch/arm/include -I./arch/arm/include/generated -I./include -I./arch/arm/include/uapi -I./arch/arm/include/generated/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -include ./include/linux/compiler_types.h -D__KERNEL__ -mlittle-endian -Wall -Wundef -Werror=strict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fshort-wchar -fno-PIE -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=implicit-int -Werror=return-type -Wno-format-security -std=gnu89 -Werror -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm -mno-unaligned-access -fno-ipa-sra -mabi=apcs-gnu -mno-thumb-interwork -marm -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -msoft-float -Uarm -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -Wno-frame-address -Wno-format-truncation -Wno-format-overflow --param=allow-store-data-races=0 -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-const-variable -fomit-frame-pointer -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wvla -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-array-bounds -Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-restrict -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -fno-strict-overflow -fno-merge-all-constants -fmerge-constants -fno-stack-check -fconserve-stack -Werror=date-time -Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init -DKBUILD_BASENAME='"bounds"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"bounds"'  -fverbose-asm -S -o kernel/bounds.s kernel/bounds.c
set -e; mkdir -p include/generated/; trap "rm -f include/generated/.timeconst.h.tmp" EXIT; { echo  | bc -q kernel/time/timeconst.bc; } > include/generated/.timeconst.h.tmp; if [ ! -r include/generated/timeconst.h ] || ! cmp -s include/generated/timeconst.h include/generated/.timeconst.h.tmp; then : '  UPD     include/generated/timeconst.h'; mv -f include/generated/.timeconst.h.tmp include/generated/timeconst.h; fi
  bash scripts/atomic/check-atomics.sh
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[6]: [scripts/Makefile.build:99: kernel/bounds.s] Error 1 (ignored)
set -e; mkdir -p include/generated/; trap "rm -f include/generated/.bounds.h.tmp" EXIT; { 	 echo "#ifndef __LINUX_BOUNDS_H__"; echo "#define __LINUX_BOUNDS_H__"; echo "/*"; echo " * DO NOT MODIFY."; echo " *"; echo " * This file was generated by Kbuild"; echo " */"; echo ""; sed -ne 	's:^[[:space:]]*\.ascii[[:space:]]*"\(.*\)".*:\1:; /^->/{s:->#\(.*\):/* \1 */:; s:^->\([^ ]*\) [\$#]*\([^ ]*\) \(.*\):#define \1 \2 /* \3 */:; s:->::; p;}' < kernel/bounds.s; echo ""; echo "#endif"; } > include/generated/.bounds.h.tmp; if [ ! -r include/generated/bounds.h ] || ! cmp -s include/generated/bounds.h include/generated/.bounds.h.tmp; then : '  UPD     include/generated/bounds.h'; mv -f include/generated/.bounds.h.tmp include/generated/bounds.h; fi
/bin/sh: 1: cannot open kernel/bounds.s: No such file
make[6]: [Kbuild:14: include/generated/bounds.h] Error 2 (ignored)
2 Likes

There seems to be a new GL-iNet Beta build out here. The ax1800.tar.gz file needs to be extracted fully. Have not tested it myself.

2 Likes

its now on dl.gl-inet.com too now under Beta section.

Edit: i even manage to get it to do reboot loops just by connecting it into repeater mode! whoops.

2 Likes

Is your main wifi 160MHz? The beta firmware crash when connect to 160MHz wifi and that needs to be fixed.

1 Like

In the latest beta i found a bug with wpa2/wpa3 encryption:
When i try to connect a device who doesn’t support wpa3,doesn’t connect at all.
Devices who support wpa3 works fine.
The solution for now is to use wpa/wpa2-psk only…

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, yeah i was shocked it was so easy to crash out.
Still unable to compile 5.4 yml’s though same error during the compile run, whilst No issue on the same VM to compile the Linksys firmware.

I was hoping to get a 5.4 Kernel Clean version with some tweaks and Qosify on the flint so i could start working on the Linksys to enable Mesh nodes to work on it.

Edit: So i found the issue to why compiling stopped working.
In ~/gl-infra-builder/wlan-ap/openwrt/build_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a7_gcc-7.5.0_musl_eabi there was a broken symlink called linux which was being symlinked to linux-5.4.164 in the same directory however the directory was linux-5.4.164-qsdk-d5fcb18e5420670c8734c6a659873e73adab6dac

So either the linux-5.4.164-qsdk-d5fcb18e5420670c8734c6a659873e73adab6dac directory was ment to get renamed to linux-5.4.164 before symlinking or the script for symlinking didn’t take the download file name into question.

Currently the compile is still going with both .ipk and .apk extensions.

how to list wireless clients?
iw station dump does not work

Release v4.0.0_release3

Where is Tor ?