GL-iNet AX1800 OpenWrt firmware

My current list is (and associated dependencies), with openssl compiled for speed not size:

I may be leaving something out, but I suppose I’ll find that out when something breaks hah.

- openvpn-openssl
  - cryptsetup
  - rsync
  - rsyncd
  - luci-app-travelmate
  - travelmate
  - kmod-mmc
  - kmod-crypto-aead
  - kmod-crypto-gcm
  - kmod-crypto-cbc
  - kmod-crypto-deflate
  - kmod-crypto-crc32c
  - kmod-crypto-ecdh
  - kmod-crypto-lib-chacha20poly1305
  - kmod-crypto-lib-curve25519
  - kmod-crypto-md5
  - kmod-crypto-rmd160
  - kmod-crypto-rng
  - kmod-crypto-sha1
  - kmod-crypto-sha256
  - kmod-crypto-sha512
  - kmod-crypto-fcrypt
  - kmod-crypto-md4
  - kmod-crypto-xcbc
  - kmod-crypto-xts
  - kmod-crypto-crc32
  - kmod-crypto-ecb
  - kmod-fs-ext4
  - openssh-server
  - openssh-sftp-server
  - luci-app-samba4
  - samba4
  - samba4-tools
  - samba4-utils
  - samba4-admin
  - samba4-client
  - cifs-mount
  - luci-proto-wireguard
  - iptables-mod-nat-extra
  - kmod-crypto-echainiv
  - wireguard-tools
  - tailscale
  - tailscaled
  - nfs-kernel-server
  - nfs-kernel-server-utils
  - openssl-util
  - kmod-usb-storage
  - kmod-usb-storage-extras
  - kmod-usb-storage-uas
  - kmod-fs-nfs
  - kmod-fs-nfs-common
  - kmod-fs-nfs-v4
  - kmod-fs-nfsd
  - nfs-utils-libs
  - luci-proto-nebula
  - iptables-nft

I mean for the ones that didn’t install due to errors. I checked my webserver(s) not a single one has a 302 handler on it.

I have a new build building now with cryptosetup installed with it.

New build up: generic (solidus1983.duckdns.org)

just flashed it with your latest build. All working fine. Any issues, will let you know.

Great work!

1 Like

If you have downloaded the latest r21588, please redownload it you can reflash using the sysupgrade image no problem.

I checked the latest file and the ids are the same with the one I downloaded yesterday. Has there been a recent change?

Do you think you can we add “passwall” library too please?

Are you getting errors on trying to install that via OPKG?? i rather no fill the root partition with too much stuff.

I think it’s missing some libraries. I will let you know.
Passwall is an interesting one. With it you can run the latest V2Ray proxies, such as VLESS and Trojan. Might be useful to some.

forgive my ignorance, does this mean I will eventually be able to run vanilla openwrt on my Slate AX?
fantastic if that iis the case.

Yes it will be on the 5.x kernel branch, well it currently is now but there are things not working yet which is why it’s not even in snapshots yet.

great news, thanks for your effort.

HI there r21915 5G wireless doesn’t work.
Wireless is not associated

Known issue which I am working on to solve, it’s a compatibility issue between LUCI and the wireless firmware being used. There is a snapshot build on my webserver with 5G working but it’s a r218 based build.

1 Like

Hi @solidus1983, have been eagerly following your posts for a while now - thanks for putting in all the work. Making the switch to stock OpenWRT on a CM4 so I’ll be able to beta test AXT1800 for you if I can get some pointers, haven’t built any images before. Thanks again!

2 Likes

I have tsens kind of working and USB is still being a pain right now.

I ended up rebasing the solidus1983 branch however to keep consistent it’s now called ipq60xx_solidus1983 rather then ipq60xx-solidus1983.

I am still working on the device when I have free time though (which isn’t much ATM) however feel free to make your own image from my GitHub repo.

Ok update time. I have a new build on personal webserver Slate AX/Flint OpenWRT Native (solidus1983.duckdns.org)

Kernel 5.15.102

Working:

• Wireless (Flint/Slate AX) ** Downgraded firmware from 2.7.0.1 to 2.5.0.1-0128 **
  • SD-Card (Slate AX)
  • CPU clocking at 1.2Ghz (Flint/Slate AX)
  • Ethernet Ports (Flint/Slate AX)
  • Sysupgrade (Flint/Slate AX)
  • WolfSSL and OpenSSL performance on par to where it should be (Flint/Slate AX)
  • FAN currently works but constantly running (Slate AX)

Whats not working :

• USB (Flint/Slate AX) ** Has power but no data **

Known issues:

• None

Update: Quick Hotfix for Wireless issue

If people could test to ensure Wireless performance, cpu performance works as expected on both just bare in mind about the Known issue for the Slate AX. SD-Card testing and performance is also required as well.

After this has been tested and everything works i will then start debloating all the crud out of the image for a Bare minimal install with LUCI installed by default.

7 Likes

Thank you for your hard work.

Does it mean we are closer to a vanilla Openwrt?

Once USB is fully working then yes it will be Fully Native, however the fan will still be running 100% all the time on the Slate AX.

However it will not be in OpenWRT master branch for a while.

New Build: r22571 (Online)

Completely rebased with latest Master.

Whats Working:

• Wireless (Flint/Slate AX)
  • SD-Card (Slate AX)
  • USB Port (Slate AX/Flint)
  • CPU clocking at 1.2Ghz (Flint/Slate AX)
  • Ethernet Ports (Flint/Slate AX)
  • Sysupgrade (Flint/Slate AX)
  • WolfSSL and OpenSSL performance on par to where it should be (Flint/Slate AX)
  • FAN currently works but constantly running (Slate AX) ** See known issues **

Whats not working :

• Nothing Broken

Known issues:

• Slate AX Fan still runs at 100%

What needs testing EVERYTHING!

Thanks to openwrt dev community for your help!

Source: solidus1983/openwrt at ipq60xx_solidus1983 (github.com)

To Do:

• Standardized config
  • Resolve 100% Fan issue
6 Likes

Does this work on AXT1800(Slate AX)?
I saw that latest xray package is also on the list, does this mean that passwall could be installed?

I spent my time just getting everything working, however if it’s in the openwrt master repo’s it will be in my repo built so and opkg install will be all it needs.