GL-iNet AX1800 OpenWrt firmware

Hi! Thanks for your amazing help in providing a fully OpenWrt version for AX1800 Flint!

This firmware is running very well since it was installed. Didn’t tried the USB so far, but overall, the stability seems great.

I’m noticing often in system logs the following error:

user.warn igmpproxy[5245]: MRT_DEL_MFC; Errno(2): No such file or directory

I’ve tried also your next firmware version but came back to this one since it was the most stable. With the newer one I had issues with WiFi and br-lan interface seemed buggy.

igmpproxy can be uninstalled if you wish.

Which version had wireless issues and a buggy br-lan?

It was r22571.

I installed it using system upgrade with keeping the settings. I had some issues which were forcing me to try uBoot install. Still, it wasn’t working as expected so i reverted to r22519 which is still currently in use.

Now I’m seeing that you published another release, r22600. Haven’t tried it yet but I’m looking forward to it on the weekend.

What is the gcc version of your firmware?

The latest version 12.0.

1 Like

Hello what is the different between version in download list?

ubi is for ubut, bin is for web update, but other double for what and ltb? Any different to download and install for it?

Itb is to tftpboot and boot from ram

Can i ask how much storage will i get after installing this openwrt firmware for AXT1800?
Thanks.

I has issues with usb flash in r22628 build , connect usb hdd(ext4) its recognize it in Mount Points ok, when connect usb flash its not recognize it, try two different usb flash, format it in ntfs and ext4 but not help. Any advice or solution for this problem?

Free space: 77.36 mib

Logs might help in this check the kernel log section in LUCI or in SSH run ‘logread > /root/log.txt’ then send that to me.

Which version is best to flash at the moment on Flint GL-AX1800? r22628 ?
Is it possible to go back to stock?

It’s easy to go back to stock, boot into uboot and flash the stock uboot images.

There is no safe version of OpenWRT as it’s early days, heck its not even in the main branch yet.

Cool. Sounds like everything is working though so worth giving it a try :slight_smile: Thanks

The basics are working, not everything is working.

Should USB drives be working? I’ve tried several flash drives and SSD’s and none of them even get any power. I’ve tried both r22622 & r22628…

root@OpenWrt:~# lsusb -t
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 5000M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci-hcd/1p, 480M

I have only confirmed the Slate AX USB working right now still haven’t manage to get flint working with USB.

2 Likes

Good news, I am building a new image for both the Flint and the Slate AX.

Build: r22867
Download: snapshots (solidus1983.duckdns.org) (Online)

Whats Working:

• USB
  • SDCARD
  • LAN
  • WAN
  • WiFi (80hz on 5GHz)
  • Thermal Sensors

Whats not working:

• WDS/Reset Button
  • Fan Control

Known issues:

• Fan spins at max speed

The old builds have been removed due to space constraints on the server it runs on.

If you want to run 4G/5G USB sticks you will need to download the relevant packages as the build is as slim as possible.

1 Like

@alzhao might need assistance on the last bits specially fan control. I think I have wrong GPIO on WDS button.

Can you write me an email?

1 Like