GL.iNet bug when using the stock Android mobile browser

When using the stock Android browser to access the GL.iNet interface, and going to Internet settings > Settings, the popup only shows Protocol DHCP in all 4 tabs :frowning:

In my chrome and firefox on android, it works fine. Is your browser a modified version?

Yes. On Chrome, and Firefox all is working fine. Itā€™s the default browser that comes with Android it does not work on.
Itā€™s and ā€œoldā€ phone (HTC7), and not a modified version.

Iā€™m going to do some more testing with other mobile phones and see if they will work.

Will report back when I know more.

I have HTC One and I donā€™t use its default browser.

In China there are dozens of modified browser too, very difficult.

Understood.

Iā€™ve tried several other mobile Android phones and tablets, and all of them are not having this ā€œbugā€ with the default browser.
Soā€¦ it must be a problem with my HTC One (7) default browser :-/

Thank you for checking.

Case closedā€¦

HTC One (7) is what I am using? How about your main phone camera? It is dark purple and I cannot use it at all.

Same problem here with the camera. It happens when the phone gets to hot!

I recognize this issue. I also have an HTC One M7 with purple spots on pictures taken at evening or night. Itā€™s a known issue with the UltraPixel-sensor getting to much power. At my phone the purple spots always appear when there is a low light environment. The temperature doesnā€™t affect the availability of the purple spots on my phone. I decided not to let this repair, because I didnā€™t want to miss my phone for a few weeks and my phone is not mainly intended to photograph with. I do have a seperate Canon photocamera for taking photoā€™s.

More irritating is the fact HTC decided to not update the HTC One M7 stock firmware anymore. Now I got the very frustrating Android 5.0 with memory leak bug. My phone is mostly terrible slow and does restart from time to time.

The easiest way is the buy a new phone. HTC One M7 is too old. Except for the UI and camera, everything else is fine.

Unfortunately, the UI and camera are the most important parts of a smartphone. So, this is why HTC is having big trouble.