GL.iNet GL-AR750S is disappointing (due to Wifi disconnects / drops)

@alzhao
Thank you for your offer, but I have already sent my AR750S back to the seller.

@luochongjun
I have almost no interferences; I live in the countryside, there are not many access points around me. And besides, my new TP-Link is subject to the same conditions, concerning interferences. But this one has no problems.

Surely the Mango uses the same OpenWRT base though?

Unfortunately my second device is already on the way back to Amazon Australia.

This occurred on HP 2570p and G850 G3 laptop under Ubuntu AND to a Huawei Mate 20 phone. (Laptops running Ubuntu 18.04 and 19.10)

This occurred with 500,1000 and 2000ma USB chargers

This occurred with 2 different ethernet cables.

This occurred with NO ethernet cable connected, NO wifi bridging / sharing.

I tried moving my personal wifi to channel 13 and the device to 1.
The device doesn’t just ‘drop’ wifi it STOPS BROADCASTING wifi - this is basically the wifi chip rebooting / turning off and on / overheating or the whole system. The SSID is 100% missing and un-available, even to my PS4 (see video #1 here AR750S drops out frequently, especially when initial connecting. - YouTube ) wifi is GONE / MISSING entirely.

The only ‘weirdo stuff’ I do, is I rename the SSID from having the mac (GL-750S instead of GL-750S09A) etc

I also change the password for the WebUI and the wifi SSID.

I’m waiting for Slate V3 or something, because I’m done with V2.

I recently bought a AR750s-ext and was suffering the same wifi disconnects as described above, I tried a number of solutions which worked for a while and then…

I am connected to a hotel hotspot normally, i have tried multiple hotspots some were better than others…

My solution has turned out to be quite simple:
For information it may not work for everyone but after researching it appears to work so far on all connections.

Clone the MAC address to a Laptop or smartphone etc, the newer hotspotsor their ISPs are blocking MAC addresses related to router suppliers.

It’s just information and I hope it helps others.

any update on when the next update will be? Just tried again and same issue…

Also for those who are having wifi stability, another major stability area I have faced is if trying get the same wifi modem frequency to both connect/bridge/extend and tether, things go bad fast and this did not seem limited to gl-inet. IE 2.4ghz extends the other network and 2.4mhz is used for the new/extended network…

Had this instability on my netgear extender as well and eventual found that if i set the broadband modem to 2.4 for devices and 5ghx for range extender then everything suddenly got very stable.

And have just been troubleshooting my ar750 as the 2.4ghz was constantly disabling. Have updated the config so 2.4 is only used for the bridge/extend side and all devices are 5ghz and is rock solid now so now is my default to split and were possible use the 5ghz for extending and 2.4 for devices as some devices dont have support for 5.

1 Like

same here - “splitting” the 2.4 and 5 into WLAN and WWAN did the trick and solved the instability for me.

btw - the OP mentioned originally using the RAV Power WD03 in a stable way and then becoming unstable when flashed it with OpenWRT. this is exactly my own experience and it is why I bought the AR750S-Ext, although I am quite happy with my 750.