GL.iNet GL-MT1300 (Beryl), when connected, certain application don't work

Im very new to VPN, so please bear with me. I purchase the GL.iNet GL-MT1300 (Beryl) and currently out of the country. When I connect my work laptop to the Beryl wifi, certain application after a certain amount of time won’t work. Example, 8x8 VOIP service never work when connected to Beryl, and Microsoft Outlook, which will sign me off and give me an error message stating block IP or geolocation. However, when I connect my VPN on my laptop, it works. The problem seems to be Beryl router, anyone have any experience or idea on how to fix this? Im using Nord VPN and Express VPN.

I am using a VPN service. I mentioned in my previous email that I’m using NordVPN and Express VPN. The two applications, most importantly, Microsoft Outlook won;t work. When I connect to the Gl Inet router, it keeps giving me this message. “You cannot access this right now”. You sign in was successful, but doesn’t meet the criteria to access this resource . Ex: You might be signing in from a browser, app or location that is restricted by your admin". However, when I connect to Nord VPN on my laptop, it works. Im using LAN instead of WAN, not sure if that matters. I also have IPV6 turn off on my network setting. Is there something in my setting I can do? When I check Whatsmyip.com or IP checker, it state that Im in my hometown. So the VPN router Beryl works, it just seems Microsoft 365 is detecting something in Beryl and flagging it.

I replied your email. Pls check

You mentioned a VoIP service, I wonder if the MT-1300 is using NAT helpers by default?

In the Firewall settings of VPN->WAN (so whatever zone your VPN ends up in), Press edit in the zones table, and un-click the Automatic helper assignment. If this solves geat, on the downside, FTP might stop working, so test that.

Simon

I am using a VPN service. I mentioned in my previous email that I’m using NordVPN and Express VPN. The two applications, most importantly, Microsoft Outlook won;t work. When I connect to the Gl Inet router, it keeps giving me this message. “You cannot access this right now”. You sign in was successful, but doesn’t meet the criteria to access this resource . Ex: You might be signing in from a browser, app or location that is restricted by your admin". However, when I connect to Nord VPN on my laptop, it works. Im using LAN instead of WAN, not sure if that matters. I also have IPV6 turn off on my network setting. Is there something in my setting I can do? When I check IP checker, it state that Im in my hometown. So the VPN router Beryl works, it just seems Microsoft 365 is detecting something in Beryl and flagging it.

Was there a resolution to this issue. I’m having same issue.