GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 as extender with VPN

Hi,
I have just purchased a GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2 since it does several things I need. There is one feature that I am unable to confirm if it is possible. Can I use the device as a wireless extender with VPN enabled? I believe it is possible with other models, but not sure about mine. Also, I have configured the switch to enable VPN, but I have a couple of configurations already setup, and I am not sure which one would be used by default whenever once VPN is enabled through the switch.

Thanks in advance.

R

I can’t really comment on whether this is possible but one thing to be wary of if you are relying on connecting through the VPN is that your computer/laptop/tablet/phone does actually connect to the Mango that is running the VPN. If its extender mode it will itself be able to pick up the signal from your main WiFi network so that it can extend it. You then have to ensure that your computer/laptop/tablet/phone connects to the Mango (if it allows using a VPN in extender mode, it may not) otherwise your traffic would not be routed through the VPN (again if supported in extender mode).

1 Like