Gl-inet router says 'Wrong Key' on wifi repeater join

Hmm, i installed the last Snapshot from today (0621), seems like i cant find any 5 ghz Wlans anymore… Anyone else noticed that? :frowning:

Are you connecting on 5G or 2.4G or lan when you do the scan?

I try to connect to a 5G Wlan, but scan founds nothing, even after fw reverting…

I tested.

I think it is because the wifi channel is auto and sometimes it changes to DFS. So can you fix the wifi channel?

In the.most cases not, because it is not my wlan to which i try to connect!
I thought it is only not possible to host a 5g in DFS ranges, but joining is possible?!?

Technical Both joining and broadcast DFS radio is possible. But the WiFi may disappear for some times because of it needs to detect surroundings signals.

I got a lot of 5 G Wlans here but find them just in ~1 of 10 scans… U think this is normal?

Edit: On thos it says “Wrong key” on the first try of connecting, then after no change in the key on the 2nd try it connects…

Have you fixed 5G wifi channel on MT1300?

My MT1300 is not broadcasting, i try to join a 5G Wlan. I switched off the 5G and 2.4G.

From the UI, it is turned off.

So far we’ve been running last year’s firmware and it works. Each time I revisit this issue over the past 5 months to try out the latest beta I spend an hour fighting with wrong key errors.
Is there a current working firmware yet?

All I can say is that, we fixed this bug for all known cases. Need your help to try the snapshot.

No issues with latest Snapshot for me, anymore.

Tested with AVM Fritz!Box 7490, 7590 and Speedport Digibox 3 and two or three unknown endpoints.

Latest snapshot does not show 5 ghz Networks and joining wlans w/o key it not possible with my Router even after Date sync… :frowning:

Should i provide a syslog?

I’ve recognized the same, two days ago. Than I was busy with something else and after 10 or 15 Minutes, everything worked.
I have not enough data to say it will work every time after 15min, because in most cases I’ve doing a restart before.

@lupusE: After your post i tryed it again, the scan now shows only 5 ghz Networks and it says “Sucsess” by joining but wont join… :-/

Very strange. Can you provide system log?

@alzhao: log was send via PM, i’m close to the wlan for tests till sunday.

@jonharrell : Which version is it who runs good?

@alzhao any Updates regarding the issue or Feedback to the logfiles?