GL-MIFI Cellular Connection Problem on Cold Boot

Hello All,

I purchased a GL-MiFi device with a Verizon modem installed, and love the device. I do, however, have one annoying problem with it that I cannot solve. If the “Modem Connection” setting is DISABLED, I am able to power on the router, log into the admin interface, and click “Enable”…and the device connects to cellular with no problem.

If I leave the cellular connection “Enabled” and power off the router, I expect that it will connect to Verizon when booted but it does not. After it powers up, it gets stuck in the state of:

• Modem Connected
  • Connecting to the Internet
And it will stay in this state indefinitely. The only way to get it connected is to press "Reset Modem". Am I missing something here? The router will automatically connect to cellular if I soft-reboot it (ie. pressing reboot on the web page, or via command line), but it always gets stuck when booting cold (ie. pressing power button). Any ideas?

Update - while I was here, I saw firmware v2.264 was available for testing. Upgrading to this version seemed to resolve my problem!

It is a QMI script issue and v2.264 solved this.

Can you share your verizon configuration? I have a user who cannot connect to Verizon network and don’t know why.

I’m having a similar issue, but it continues with 2.264:

Thu Nov 16 03:10:26 2017 daemon.notice netifd: Interface ‘modem’ is setting up now
Thu Nov 16 03:10:28 2017 daemon.notice netifd: modem (12250): Waiting for network registration
root@GL-MIFI:~# comgt -d /dev/cdc-wdm0
SIM ERROR
Check device port configuration.
Check SIM is inserted

Test SIM in a mobile phone?
Can you pease paste the output of comgt from the command-line?

Thanks!