GL-MT1300 Beryl - No Advanced Settings

I’m familiar with gl.inet & OpenWRT, but looks like Beryl firmware is lacking access to luci/advanced settings. Sadly, this makes the router of no use to me as I need to set custom firewall rules. If I manually enter the url for advanced setting, eg, 192.168.8.1/cgi-bin/luci it redirects to the basic settings gui. Is there a workaround? Is more advanced firmware in the pipeline? Might need to return it, otherwise which makes me sad as I love my little Mango and had high hopes for Beryl.

-techhome

Just find luci in repo and install it.

@techhome
It is all in the manual my friend :slight_smile:

Awesome- much thanks!

Cool, I appreciate your help…

I read the manual but I’m still having the same problem. I hit the update button and then searched for ‘luci’ but I don’t see it listed. I do see ‘luci-proto-wireguard’ listed as installed but no “advanced” menu.

@sabbott1877

You need to have your router connector to an internet source (i.e. your router needs to be connected to the internet )
:slight_smile:

Thanks! I had connected to the internet but it still wasn’t showing up. I rebooted and waited a while and now it is there.

I can’t get luci to install - already upgraded firmware and can find Luci in the package repository, but get this error every time. Any ideas folks? I have internet and can download the package if I use the link in the message below, but the install is failing.

Stderr: Failed to send request: Operation not permitted Collected errors: * opkg_download: Failed to download https://fw.gl-inet.com/releases/v19.07.7/packages-3.0/ramips/packages/luci-app-firewall_git-21.044.30835-34e0d65-1_all.ipk, wget returned 4. * opkg_download: Check your network settings and connectivity. * opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download luci-app-firewall. Perhaps you need to run ‘opkg update’? * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci.

Edit: Figured it out - it wasn’t working properly through my phone hotspot or tethered connection. Once I connected to my neighbor’s WIFI, it downloaded and installed Luci successfully. Awesome!

1 Like