GL-MT1300 Beryl Unable to connect to 5G Wifi from Android

Hi,

i recently bought this Travel Router and configured it. Everything works great but as soon as I try to connect to the 5 GHz WiFi of the GL-MT1300 through any of my Android (v12) devices, it accepts the login credentials but it doesn’t provide any IP.
I know that the 5G works because I am able to connect from other devices, as MacOS, Linux, even with LgOS from my TV.
I only get it working with Android if I connect to the 2.4 GHz WiFi.

Does anyone has any clue, what it is going on?

I thank you all in advanced

1 Like

Firmware version?

How about 3.211 beta2 GL.iNet download center

Beta2 still have bugs but seems not affecting your issue.

Hi alzhao,

I have been checking the changelog of this beta firmware and I don’t see which improvement/bugfix could solve my problem. Could you please indicate me exactly which one is the one that solves my problem?

Btw, I have tested connecting from my Android Tablet (8.1.0) and it wonks simply fine. It detects the 5 GHz signal and connects to it without any problem at all.

Thank you in advance.
Salus

1 Like

The firmware above used an updated wifi driver. That is why I want you to try.

I have a Pixel 3 and a Pixel 6, both on Android 12, connected to my Beryl over 5G on the beta firmware. The Beryl itself is connected over 2.4G to a wireless access point.

I don’t recall problems on earlier firmware connecting though, but then I think I was still on 11 with the Pixel 3.

1 Like

I found a workaround without updating to the Beta firmware. When I set the Wireless networks as hidden, and then entry the login data manually on Android, it works normally. It assigns automatically an IP and the connection is stable. That didn’t happen before, since no IP was given to my devices and therefore they jumped automatically to another WiFi connection or to LTE.

Thanks to you both for the support and in case I have new problems I will tray the FW update.

1 Like