GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) in the WiFi 5G iPhone 13 Pro Max Not working?

Hello,

I bought the GL-MT3000 (Berly AX).
Unfortunately I have problem with GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) in the WiFi 5G iPhone 13 Pro Max not working?
WLAN 2.4 Yes, but very little data transmission, the GL-MT1300 (Berly) is better.
fw for GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) I have tested all, no success? fw was imported via Web Admin & UBoot.

Can someone please help me, thank you very much!

Sincerely
Sven Hornung

Confirm the issue:
Is iphoen 13 unable to connect to MT3000 5G wifi? Or Can’t scan the ssid of 5G wifi ssid?

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks very much.
iPhone scans WiFi 5G yes it can be seen.
Unfortunately, the connection does not work, WLAN 5GHz can be seen.

In my case it helped when I enabled “Allow Repeating Of DFS Channels” in Repeater cogwheel window. iPhones like to use DFS channels for Personal Hotspot when regular channels are occupied.

1 Like

Also, I know it’s stupid, but is there any chance for a typo in wifi password or some unusual characters?

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks very much.
Propirt it with DFS, unfortunately one success.
Also clone Mac. Doesn’t work either, also checked WLAN key.
In 2.4GHz WLAN he connects, because I have max 94MB/s.
I also entered the manual IP address
it connects and deactivates again immediately, but no connection can be seen in the iPhone (hotspot), it only shows briefly in the web admin.

With my other GL-MT1300 (Berly) 5GHz works with iPhone.

Hello, Please access to web Admin Panel of your Berly AX router, on the left side → WIRELESS → 5GHz WiFi, You can try the following two methods.

1. change the Wi-Fi security to WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE, click Apply and then have a try;
  2. change the Wi-Fi mode to 11a/n/ac,click Apply and then have a try.
1 Like

Hello,

Thanks very much.
I want WiFi 5GHz from iPhone hotspot, that has nothing to do with it, but I just tested it, no connection via 5GHz to iPhone hotspot?
iPhone as a hotspot to use the iPhone’s connection via 2.4GHz yes but 5GHz no.

Make sure you’re using iPhone 12 and above to have hotspot Wi-Fi 5Ghz option and you can force it in 5Ghz mode.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks very much.
My iPhone 13 Pro Max uses the 5GHz Wi-Fi hotspot yes, it can also be seen but does not connect?

With my GL-MT1300 (Berly) It only works with the GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) Not?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-08 um 11.16.36

Hello,

Here the connection with GL-MT1300 (Berly).
Hotspot 5GHz WiFi iPhone.

Now I have FW. 4.2.2 as you can see, 2.4GHz hotspot iPhone ok.
But he finds this FW. the iPhone no longer in 5GHz WLAN?
Hotspot iPhone 5GHz WiFi can be seen in my other iPhones but only flight mode & WiFi is enough for testing.

Already had the current FW. Beta & snapshot tested, unfortunately without success?

Info,

I now have a GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) & a GL.iNet AXT1800 (Slate AX)
ordered, one of the two I hope works for my applications.
The GL-MT1300 (Berly) does it and is much faster than the new GL-MT3000 (Berly AX).
I once set iPhone 13 Pro Max to 5G and got a whopping 600/MB/s via WLAN 5GHz with the GL-MT1300 (Berly).
Will report what came out of it when the devices are there & I have tested them.

Have you tried removing the spaces and dots from the SSID? I’ve found issues in the past with SSID’s that contain those.

1 Like

I’m sorry for asking the obvious, but why not tether the phone to the router? Why are you insisting on using the hotspot?

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for your help.
Yes via USB tethering is OK Works well.
Is better with speed than my GL-MT13000 (Berly).
WLAN 5GHz better because I can then use full speed and then put the iPhone in a better place to get optimal speed.
Now the GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) is back to the supplier.
GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) & GL-AXT1800 (Slate AX) should be delivered tomorrow.
I would also prefer the GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) as it has newer kernel, hardware is up to date. That’s why I ordered the GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) again.
We will then work with WLAN 5GHz hotspot to iPhone with new FW. up for GL-MT3000 (Berly AX)?

Sincerely
Sven H.

Hello,

Thanks for your help.
I had already thought about that, I’ll try it out, if the hardware is there, it should be delivered tomorrow.
I wanted to change this in my home network too.
Use GL router mainly at home, serves as a 2 line and failure of the VDSL line before UDM-SE.
My WiFi at home is great thanks to Ubiquiti AC Pro & UDM-SE.

Thank you very much for this information.

Sincerely
Sven H.

Hello,

Hardware is there and I just tested everything again with the GL-MT3000 (Berly AX).
SSID Without a dot and space, no connection, even clones MAC of the iPhone no connection.
No WiFi 5GHz from iPhone Hotspot, WiFi 5GHz is found but not connecting?
It can’t be that I’m the only one who has the problems, it’s the 2nd device or is this a serial error?

I also read here that something under “luci” should be changed/adjusted?
What exactly please, would be very nice if someone would write that, thanks!

Sincerely
Sven H.

Info,

the GL-iNet GL-AXT1800 (Slate AX) completely failed the test and is being returned.
Will keep the GL-MT3000 (Beryl AX) as a replacement, maybe it will work over time for 5GHz hotspot iPhone, newer FW…
I trust GL-iNet, I’m very enthusiastic about the little ones.
Honestly, we are all beta testers, that’s the way it is, how else should it work, every user has his use for these little mini routers…
The GL-iNet GL-MT1300 (Beryl) fulfills its purpose and offers me the speed via WLAN 5GHz hotspot, just tested again over 600MB/s, that what is on the iPhone LTE/5G He forwards it, yes only up to max 867MB/s. It’s quite a feat. Many big ones (routers, repeaters) cannot do that.

I just received a new GL-MT3000 (Beryl AX). I tested it with an iPad and a iPhone 13 at both 2.5GHz and 5GHz and am routing out to the Internet via a VPN. I cannot corroborate a problem connecting the GL-MT3000 to WiFi.

I did a speed test using Ookla Internet Speed Test. That resulted in about 90 Mbps download and about 11 Mbps upload speed. I haven’t the test many times, nor have I accounted for the peak hours load on my comcast home service, so take the performance numbers with a grain of salt. These performance numbers won’t cause me to replace my home router, but this little GL-MT3000 will do nicely as a travel router while on vacation.

I am interested in whether anybody has tested the cellular modem developer board thingie. If so, what are your results in terms of performance and stability?

1 Like

Hello my friends,

Thank you for your information.

Don’t you get me wrong?

The iPhone 13 Pro Max is on the Internet with LTE/5G, via hotspot it should connect to GL-iNet GL-MT3000 (Beryl AX) via 5GHz WLAN because of better speed, but that doesn’t work?
WLAN 2.4GHz yes, but far too little speed. USB tethering yes, but only 160/MB/s, so I need 5GHz.
My GL-iNet GL-MT1300 (Beryl) is far better in terms of 5GHz.
But this is very bad in the USB tethering connection, around 60MB/s.

Sincerely
Sven H

Hello,

I think I know where the mistake is.
Please look at the following pictures:

The first is from GL-MT1300 (Berly) where it works.

The 2nd is from GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) where it doesn’t work

Property now also FW. Snapshot 4.4.5 installed

With the GL-MT3000 (Berly AX) under luc/Network/Wireless under Mode, I can switch to AC & Width to 80 MHz but not to channel 149?

WLAN is set to DE (luci/Network/MTk WiWi (was the same when delivered).

Since it will be drann I think but how do I set it up?

Sincerely

You might be onto something here. I saw with wifi scanning that iPhones try to choose an unused or “best” channel and they might end up with higher channels. If those aren’t available to your Beryl then it won’t search these channels and thus connect. Besides using 2,4, you might want to turn off all nearby 5 GHz AP (or use a makeshift Farady cage) before enabling personal hotspot. Iphone might then choose a lower channel that your Beryl is ok with.

Well Beryl only shows 128 max, even though I have another EU country set. :frowning:

Channels >= 149 have seriously reduced transmit power in Europe so maybe they consider these useless. When I switch country to US, these channels become available, so it’s definitely country related.

1 Like