GL-MT3000 Beryl AX - Unable to add wireless network, error "Wireless is not associated"

Hi all,

Just bought a GL-MT3000 to replace an elderly ASUS router. I am having trouble adding additional wireless networks, and getting the same behaviour on both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

When adding the wireless network in LuCI (using this guide), I get a message “Wireless is not associated”, as per screen shot below. The new network shows up in the GL.iNet admin interface, and can be enabled in there, but is not visible as a network to any devices or Wi-Fi detection apps.

Digging around in some forums, there was mention of the country code possibly not being set correctly. I hadn’t changed this out of the box, as there didn’t appear to be an option to (this post describes this, but with no clear answer that I can see).

I am in the UK, but inspecting the /etc/config/wireless file, found the country was set to DE. I tried changing this to GB using the MTk WiFi option in LuCI, but it made no difference to the issue (it did update the /etc/config/wireless file).

I have upgraded to firmware version 4.2.1 (from 4.2.0) but that made no difference and I’m out of ideas. Any suggestions, please? TIA.

What do you want to configure?

MT1300 wifi is not compatible with Luci.

@alzhao I need to create an additional, new wireless network with different settings and password to the default “primary” one.

I have an MT3000, is LuCI not supported to manage WiFi on the MT3000 as well as the MT1300? If that is the case, is there another way I can achieve it? Thanks.

You can ssh to the router and copy the config of Guest WiFi settings, by modfiying /etc/config/wireless

Thanks, I will give that a try :slight_smile:

I see you already have the “guest” network enabled, but if this isn’t needed for your use case the easiest way would just be to change the SSID and password for the guest networks in the gl.inet web interface to whatever you want them to be. This also creates a separate vlan for you automatically.

Thanks for the suggestion @GNet. Unfortunately I do need the guest network (on a separate VLAN) but also the extra one, which needs to be on the same VLAN as the “default” ones.

Just to follow up on this for the sake of anybody trying to do the same in future. I couldn’t get it to work reliably - the extra SSID had the same MAC address as my guest one and I couldn’t find out where to change it. The inability to create extra SSIDs was a show-stopper for me so I returned the router for a refund.

I did find this useful thread but it didn’t help in my case.

1 Like