Gl-mt3000

Purchased the GL-MT3000. When it arrives, does it have the ability to change the TTL values when using an iPhone via USB?

Not able to configure TTL for tethering in at admin panel. Please use the command:

#use opkg when it returns "unknown option"
#opkg update
#opkg install iptables-mod-ipopt
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o eth2 -j TTL --ttl-set 65

Here’s some resources so you can do what @hansome suggests:

1 Like

Do I simply add this to the firewall rules?

You’ll need LuCI to add it Startup so it’ll be set up at ea. device boot… but first you’ll need a piece of software added (the iptables-mod-ipopt).

GL GUI → System → Advance Settings → LuCI → [ same password as the GL GUI ]

• System → Software → Actions → Update Lists [ … then wait for the lists to update ]
    • Filter: iptables-mod-ipopt while under the tab for Available → Install [ if it isn’t already installed ]
  • System → Startup → Local Startup → < paste the above iptables line in full above exit 0 > → Save → Save & Apply

Reboot via LuCI → System → Reboot or GL GUI → Reboot… & don’t forget to make a backup (LuCI → System → Backup / Flash Firmware) .

1 Like

yes, and a visual example here. https://jv.ag/blog/GLinet-TTL-Change/

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to work on my MT3000 USB-tethering to my Pixel 5 on T-Mobile. Still severely throttled. How do I verify the iptables command is actually working? Will it be in the log somewhere?

There’s a mess of them & I fear I don’t know exactly what I’d be looking for in full (I don’t use tethering). It’s probably something along the lines of iptables -L --line-numbers | grep ttl if @gl-inetFan 's (far better) method is any indication. It may be far easier to write the output to a text file & look it over in your favorite text editor (eg: VSCodium, Notepad++, etc.). A SFTP client like FileZilla makes that easy.

• opkg update; opkg install openssh-sftp-server
  • iptables-save > ~/iptables-$(date +'%Y-%m-%d-%H%M%S').txt

2 Likes