GL-MT300A can't reset to uboot, can't reset to factory

I purchased GL-MT300A over amazon and I can’t connect to the device to configure it.

I can’t enter uboot - steps posted on video at documentation do not work

The device works only as switch/extender, if I connect other’s switch (with internet) cable to WAN and PC to LAN - I can access internet.
Wifi network from label is not found and IP 192.168.8.1 does’t do anything.

What else I can do?

Try doing a reset or re-flashing latest firmware.

Hello,

Thank you for response, however reset button seems like take no effect, entering uboot is not possible because of it.

it works as extender - any way to find out IP address of the extender to connect to it and configure/upload firmware?

Regards,

Have you ever connected to the router for settings?

By default it should works as router. If it works as bridge (extender), please try to reconnect the cable after the router boot.

Does the LED still light up? Left: power, right: WiFi

It should broadcast wifi signal as the SSID write if firmware is not modified.

I have the exact same problem with my new GL-MT300A.

• Reset button does absolutely nothing, holding it for 3 seconds or 10 seconds ( according to the manual) , nada…

• It doesn’t provide an IP address over DHCP on the LAN port

• It doesn’t broadcast anything on WiFi.

Completely dead, except it does pass-through WAN-LAN, but that doesn’t help me much.

Since factory reset doesn’t work, how do I a firmware flash/update when I don’t have access to it?

Can it be done with a USB stick?

Thanks for reply CMagnusJ at least I am not only one affected.
Thanks for info alzhao, however nothing works that you suggested, no ssid - I will try to find hidden ssid when I get home.

Is there a way to flash image via some pins on board? FTDI cable?

I have purchased numerous GL-MT300A and M devices for configuration and selling on to my customers and I have not had any problems so far.

New and straight out of the box it should come up as a router with the lan port and wifi running dhcp on the 192.168.8.x subnet.

If “Out of the Box” this is not the case then most likely you have a rare faulty device.

In my own development I bricked and recovered many times. Remember you must connect your pc to either port but set your pc to the static address of 192.168.1.2 otherwise the uboot ui it will not work.

Unfortunetly nothing works on that device, I ordered second (other) router - the GL-MT300A and it works fine.

Is there a way to flash image/boot via serial of FTDI cable or other way factory reset/flash the device? I might need to sent it back for warranty repair.

Regards,

If you have FTDI connector you can enter uboot console and debrick the router. From what you mentioned seems the button doesn’t work.

Here is how you should use the FTDI connector.

1 Like

Great to see a Discourse forum for GL.iNet :+1:.

I strongly urge anyone playing with these routers to get a TTDI connector, I got one from Amazon (docs), it makes things so much easier :grinning:.

Another option to kermit is screen:

screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

Yes. Great to see a UART connector solve things.

1 Like

Unfortunately Using TTL I see error with some pointer.

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Dec 23 2015 - 18:37:46)

Board: Ralink APSoC DRAM: 64 kB
relocate_code Pointer2 at: 7ffbc000

Any way to flash image via TTL?

@magillus Maybe the DDR has broken.