Gl-mt300a lan led

I cannot toggle the LAN LED. I am running trunk. Can someone running the factory image try this:

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/gpio-leds/leds/gl-mt300a:lan/brightness ##turns on
echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/gpio-leds/leds/gl-mt300a:lan/brightness ##turns off

Running the latest “semi-official” firmware, version 2.18 (with openvpn support). The directories are now /sys/devices/gpio-leds/leds/gl-mt300a:* . The ‘max_brightness’ file contains 255, so I assume 255 is really the maximal brightness.

Three LEDs: one is always on (couldn’t control that one from the /sys tree), one is controlled by <span style=“line-height: 1.5;”>gl-mt300a:wan/brightness, one is controlled by </span><span style=“line-height: 1.5;”>gl-mt300a:wlan/brightness. There are two more dirs, namely </span><span style=“line-height: 1.5;”>gl-mt300a:lan and </span><span style=“line-height: 1.5;”>gl-mt300a:usb and as far as I can tell, they do nothing.</span>

Thank you, flabbergast, that was my experience too. (Differences in directories due to gl-inet vs. openwrt trunk)

Alfie, can you confirm that the LAN LED is supposed to be able to be used, or is it hardware wired always on with power?

The LAN LED is fixed as POWER in hardware. So it is always on.

The WAN LED and WiFi leds can be controlled.

The USB LED is actually USB power. The name is not clear. It is used to control the power of USB. When you connect a USB disk and you will see how it will work.

Thank you, Alfie, that all helps and makes sense. Glad to know about USB power also.