GL-MT300N DD-WRT back to OpenWrt

GL-MT300N unit flashed with DD-WRT v3.0-r29837 (06/06/16) firmware.

How to flash back to OpenWrt ?

Please advice

Please use uboot. Check the docs, last part of this page.

http://www.gl-inet.com/docs/wiki/#!mini/firmware.md

Thanks for fast reply!

I was following this document: Debrick via Uboot - GL.iNet Docs

Getting to the DD-WRT web-interface, looks like the reset button is not configured or the Uboot is inaccessible with DD-WRT firmware…

I can get and run commands within DD-WRT interface with Telnet or SSH shell if it can help.

Uboot has nothing to do with ddwrt. It will not be affected. When power up the device, use reset button to enter the web interface of uboot is implemented in all our routers.

Still can’t get to the Uboot…

Took the PCB out of the enclosure,

following the instructions:

1. Ethernet cable connected to LAN port of the GL-MT300N_V1.2 (the only port connected)

2. 192.168.1.2 on the PC

3. Holding the reset button, connecting the USB power cable

The LED’s are not blinking as at youtube video.

After 10 sec getting ping reply from 192.168.1.1, getting to DDWRT web interface

I have an experience with flashing routers

Please advice

The button need to be pressed firmly. If you did, maybe the button is not working good. Maybe you can press it multiple times so that it can work. You can also get a USB uart adapter to connect the serial.

Bridged the RESET button, still can’t get to Uboot. I’ll try Serial.

Is there any manual for flashing GL-MT300N_V1.2 by serial port ?

Do i need to backup the NVRAM ? any special utilities any documentation ?

Thanks for help !

@fedor946, no need to backup nvram, the router is not using nvram.

If you use serial, after you enter uboot, type printenv, you will see some pre-configured commends. The one used to flash firmware is

run lf

So you need to build the tftpsever and put the firmware (downloaded from our website) and “run lf”.

You can use http://tftpd32.jounin.net/ as tftpserver in windows.

Just got the USB TTL adaptor. Connected with PUTTY via com port, checked the IP and the filename on TFTP request.

Used the TFTP server that you gave me, uploaded the *.bin file, 5 minutes later it booted in to the OpenWRT !!!

THANK YOU for your help !

i made the same mistake installing DD-WRT and now i can no longer boot into uboot. I need some help here. can i fix this without the TTL cable? I don’t have one that is why I am asking. if not and need one where do i get it?

I really need to get this working as soon as I can.

Thanks for the help in advance

-M

@gottdestodes, you can buy one ttl adapter like 404 Page not found - GL.iNet

You can find in ebay or amazon

The TTL came in the mail. I just don’t know what to do next. My router won’t boot now. Can’t anyone help me on the steps needed to get this worming again with the ttl

Thanks

-M

Here is the instructions of using ttl

well I think its bricked. I did everything that I was suppose to and nothing will show up on putty. When i turn the router on i just get a single solid light. No Uboot option on putty. money well spent :frowning:

@gottdestodes,

This is quite rare and I still don’t think it is bricked. Are you sure the adapter is working good? Which model did you buy? Is the connection correct?

@alzhao

I am not going to give up. I just ordered High quality FTDI USB-UART adapter<span style=“color: #222222; font-family: source_sans_proregular, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; background-color: #f9f9f9;”> from the GL site. I was also looking at this </span><span style=“color: #222222; font-family: source_sans_proregular, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif;”><span style=“font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px;”>https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010KII6VG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1&amp;smid=AJANC5JW6FQGH&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;

i was wondering if this would work and just use jumper cables for the gpio on the router. If i get this i can have it by saturday

I was finally able to boot into Uboot. Now what? I setup the Tftp server and set it the way it should be. I ran the printenv command this is what comes up

bootcmd=bootm 0xbc050000

bootdelay=2

baudrate=115200

ethaddr=“00:0:0:0:0:0” ( I just made this all 0 for this post)

ipaddr=192.168.1.1

serverip=192.168.1.2

stdin=serial

stdout=serial

stderr=serial

how do I get the firmware to the router now?

-Mark

just use the following command

run lf