GL-MT300N-V2 as a router

Hello

I have configured my mango GL-MT300N-V2 as a router on my wireless Virgin Media Hub (network). The VM network works merrily, I did not want to have VM as a modem in the first place.

I have a Mag IPTV box plugged via a Lan cable into my GL-MT300N-V2. I have Mullvad VPN client running on this router, applying the VPN policy to the Mac address of the Mag IPTV box.

The scenario I have is I can see various IPTV channels no problem without the VPN policy being applied to the Mag box. However, as soon as I apply the VPN policy then the Mag box picture freezes alone. The internet is working perfectly with or without the VPN policy being applied. I can switch wireless networks on my workstation no issues, when the VPN policy is applied, I can see the external IP address correctly reflects the IP address of the server from Mullvad, I can also see the external IP address of the VM, so the two networks co-exist without interruption. There is no disruption or interference to the internal VM wireless network when the VPN policy is applied or not applied to the Mag box. The maximum speed on the GL-MT300N-V2 is roughly up to 25mbps in all instances.

Any suggestions on how I can have the VPN policy applied and still have IPTV channels coming through on the mag box, I would prefer to keep the segregation as it is between the IPTV and VM?

Thanks

MAC policy is very suitable for your scenario, it doesn’t work very strange, can you share your policy configuration?

hello luochongjun
please see attachments, one for mag box and the other the VPN policy on the mango
Suk