I have the same problem.
I bricked it by trying to flash: gl-mt300n-v2-3.012.bin
I tried deBricking it by following this page:
I tried the following bin files:
…Still doesn’t boot.
- My ethernet adapter can’t find an IP.
- going to the address (192.168.8.1) doesn’t work (obviously)
- The 1st green light is the only light that comes on.
And your reason for opening a second thread with exactly the same problem/question is?
If you try to debrick it following Debrick via Uboot - GL.iNet Docs. It should work.
Could you please try this firmware via U-Boot? http://download.gl-inet.com.s3.amazonaws.com/firmware/mt300n-v2/v1/gl-mt300n-v2-3.012.bin
Please don’t use clean version.
Hey Glitch! You are ON IT my friend
Yeah I wasn’t sure if my post was visible buried in the thread a year old.
Ok, I posted this new thread and also emailed support…forgive me.
Support said to flash with gl-mt300n-v2-3.012.bin (again) from the v1 folder:
So…here are my steps.
- Downloaded gl-mt300n-v2-3.012.bin from GL.iNet download center
- Reset Device: Held down reset button, then plugged in, then released after the 4th flash
- Hard wired from the LAN port of the GL-MT300N to my computer
- Hard code my wired network adapter to 192.168.1.2
- Go to 192.168.1.1 on browser
- chose file (gl-mt300n-v2-3.012.bin) and updated firmware
- I wait as the red light flashes for a few seconds…
- then all 3 come on solid for a few seconds…
- then they all shut off then all flash, with a solid green on the left
- I change my network adapter back to “obtain automatically”…
- it tries to connect…nothing…“unidentified network”, “No network access”, IP is 169.254.97.232
- go to 192.168.8.1 …“site can’t be reached”
- waited over 5 mins
- again, 192.168.8.1 …“site can’t be reached”
[[[ SOLVED !!! ]]]
OH!!! MY!!! DUMB@$$!!!
I do NOT have a V2
I’m so sorry I suck at life.
Lesson learned…please ask the noobs to type out the EXACT model number listed on the back.
I loaded the NON-V2 bin file and it works.