GL-MT300N-V2 BRICKED after firmware update [ SOLVED! ]


#1

I have the same problem.
I bricked it by trying to flash: gl-mt300n-v2-3.012.bin

I tried deBricking it by following this page:
https://docs.gl-inet.com/en/3/troubleshooting/debrick/

I tried the following bin files:

  • lede-gl-mt300n-v2-clean.bin
  • gl-mt300n-v2-3.0-1011_clean.bin
  • lede-mt300n-v2-clean-2.264.bin
  • lede-mt300n-v2-2.26.bin

…Still doesn’t boot.

  • My ethernet adapter can’t find an IP.
  • going to the address (192.168.8.1) doesn’t work (obviously)
  • The 1st green light is the only light that comes on.

#2

And your reason for opening a second thread with exactly the same problem/question is?


#3

If you try to debrick it following https://docs.gl-inet.com/en/3/troubleshooting/debrick/. It should work.

Could you please try this firmware via U-Boot? http://download.gl-inet.com.s3.amazonaws.com/firmware/mt300n-v2/v1/gl-mt300n-v2-3.012.bin

Please don’t use clean version.


#4

Hey Glitch! You are ON IT my friend :sunglasses:
Yeah I wasn’t sure if my post was visible buried in the thread a year old.


#5

Ok, I posted this new thread and also emailed support…forgive me.
Support said to flash with gl-mt300n-v2-3.012.bin (again) from the v1 folder:
https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/mt300n-v2/v1/

So…here are my steps.

  1. Downloaded gl-mt300n-v2-3.012.bin from https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/mt300n-v2/v1/
  2. Reset Device: Held down reset button, then plugged in, then released after the 4th flash
  3. Hard wired from the LAN port of the GL-MT300N to my computer
  4. Hard code my wired network adapter to 192.168.1.2
  5. Go to 192.168.1.1 on browser
  6. chose file (gl-mt300n-v2-3.012.bin) and updated firmware
  7. I wait as the red light flashes for a few seconds…
  8. then all 3 come on solid for a few seconds…
  9. then they all shut off then all flash, with a solid green on the left
  10. I change my network adapter back to “obtain automatically”…
  11. it tries to connect…nothing…“unidentified network”, “No network access”, IP is 169.254.97.232
  12. go to 192.168.8.1 …“site can’t be reached”
  13. waited over 5 mins
  14. again, 192.168.8.1 …“site can’t be reached”

#6

[[[ SOLVED !!! ]]]

OH!!! MY!!! DUMB@$$!!!
I do NOT have a V2
I’m so sorry I suck at life.

Lesson learned…please ask the noobs to type out the EXACT model number listed on the back.

I loaded the NON-V2 bin file and it works.
Thanks everyone.