GL-MT300N-v2 bricked + no uboot :(

I somehow bricked one of my Mango’s (I have a couple) when trying to flash the new 1218 firmware. I tried to use the Debrick via Uboot - GL.iNet Docs 3 instructions, but when I go to 192.168.1.1 in my browser, it forwards to 192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci then shows a “PAGE NOT FOUND” error. The page also has a link to the uboot github page, so I think that uboot is on the router, but the firmware update page is 404’d.

I am able to get to the root@192.168.1.1 SSH password prompt, but my old admin password is not working, and no other passwords I have (goodlife, etc) isn’t working.

Any suggestions?

Thx

Never mind, I just tried to update this using another machine, and I was able to get to the admin page now.

I’m going to delete this post.

Thanks!

It is browser cache issue. So when you try in another browser it is fixed.

Duh! Thanks alzhao!

I was closing my browser and even rebooting the machine thinking that firefox would clear the cache, but my firefox settings were not set to delete them on restart (using a new fedora 29 OS install & forgot adjust my settings). My bad.

thx!

i have a bricked GL-MT300N-V2 it seems i have try’d all firmwares now via safari and firefox on a mac…

the only thing i did was updating the firmware via the firmware it came with… and sins then i can only access the boot webui and from there it seems that it is uploading(led flashing and reverting back to only green after 30 sec maybe…

i have try’d connecting via serial(bad guide no where it say that it needs to be powered)… im use to using serial/ FTDI for when i flasing my arduino boards… but no matter what i do i get no connection… can only get webui boot to show…

when i leave it powered on after flasing new firmware it looks like it is rebooting every 3 minutes exactly… the LED all lights up and the back to only green.

i can’t access any webui after flasing… DHCP don’t work, 192.168.1.1,192.168.8.1(when my mac have either static IP og same range) don’t work either…

have looked at

what to do?

When you see the LED flashes every 3 seconds then it should not bricked totally. Can you pls try another pc using windows, or Linux?

About the Serial, seems some adapters works with Arduino but not our board because of voltage issue.

don’t work from a windows either via webui uboot and firefox…

about the serial… is it 3.3v or 5v? can you confirm that i need to have it powered via USB and use the 3 pin on the PCB at the same time… can’t finde it written anywhere…

at Advanced Uboot - GL.iNet Docs you write that “MT series routers use a different uboot and different code. Consult us if you need.” what does that mean? is the guide the same? im use to read guides like this but there are missing info…

damnit i found the fault, and it is mine… i did NOT buy the -v2 model apparently… it was what i was going for thou… it is the old version GL-MT300N…

thanks for “helping”…

a little happy’er … can move on

Ok. The older version is totally open source and users like it more.